Just about everyone knows that Victorinox makes the finest Swiss army knife out there, but did you know that their travel gear is just as extraordinary?
When it comes to quality craftsmanship and beautiful functionality, Victorinox simply gets it. It’s a good reason as to why I’ve carried around one of their smaller pocket knives for years.
Beyond what they are most notably famous for, their new travel lineup really caught my eye. Aside from having stunningly well-designed exteriors, I could tell every single piece was built with a purpose.
Of course, being someone who travels a lot, I can really appreciate travel gear that works as well as it lasts too.
From their laptop briefcase to their deluxe roll top backpack and global carry-on suitcase, I was able to discover plenty of Swiss excellence to love!
Below, you’ll find a Victorinox Spectra 2.0 dual access global carry on suitcase review, Architecture Urban Bodmer 14 laptop briefcase review, and finally, a deluxe rolltop backpack review. You’ll also find my impressions and field tests of each travel piece.
And if you’re wondering why I like Victorinox gear so much well, the answer is rather simple. With a history dating back to 1884 and countless notable innovations under their belt, every single time I touch a piece of their gear, I always find a sense of cleverness and craft as one.
Spectra 2.0 Dual Access Global Carry On
– Durable break-resistant hardside 100% virgin polycarbonate construction
– Ultra-lightweight at only 7.1 lbs.
– 32-liter volume
– 7.9 x 15 x 21.7 inch dimensions
– Quick-access door takes on-the-go accessibility to new heights
– 8 Dual-caster, soft tread rolling wheels (4 double wheels)
– Dual-trolley handle with multiple extension adjustments
– Access Lock Combination Recovery Program
– Swiss Tracker Back Tracking Program
– Victorniox Warranty 1+10 years’ coverage
– Interior key tether hook
– Double dedicated writing instrument pockets
– Double spacious Velcro storage compartments
– Zippered document pocket
– Removable electronics panel with dedicated laptop and tablet pockets
– Y-shaped compression and stabilizing straps
– Scratch-resistant matte finish exterior
– Meets most global carry-on regulations including IATA
– Dual access construction offers two ways of entry (side and main)
– Corner guards and zipper bumpers
– Zippered mesh divider wall with ability to stretch
– Integrated Travel Sentry Approved lock
– Removable ID tag.
– 360 degrees of maneuverability
Architecture Urban Bodmer 14
– Available in black and grey/brown color options.
– Dedicated padded 14-inch laptop and iPad/tablet/eReader compartments
– Numerous organizational pockets
– 3.9 x 15 x 12.2 inch
– 2 lb. weight
– Earth-friendly nuwa polyester outer material with genuine napa leather accents
– Removable and adjustable shoulder strap
– Full length interior zippered pocket
– Front stash pocket
– Rear zippered pocket
– Exceptional twill lining main pocket interior lining
– YKK zipper pulls with thumb groove inspired by Swiss Army Knife
– Swiss tracker bag program
Deluxe Rolltop Laptop Backpack
– Metal bottle opener on shoulder straps
– Buckle whistle built into adjustable sternum strap
– Compression-molded back panels and shoulder straps
– Available in sand, black and burgundy colors
– 7.1 x 11.4 x 18.9 inches
– Weighs 1.6 lbs.
– Hidden rear zippered pocket protects up to 15-inch laptops
– Polyester exterior material
– 20-liter volume
– Rolltop closure secured by SR buckle
– Lockable main compartment zippers
– File divider
– 2 stretch side pockets accommodate water bottles
– Daisy chain accessory cords (long and short cords included)
– 2 vertical-zip side exterior pockets
– Three-dimensional diamond pattern back panel molding
– Adjustable should straps with load-lifter pulls
– Front pocket flap hook closure
– Tethered key clip
Black Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Dual Access Global Carry On Review
With an interior volume of 32-liters, this hardsided suitcase is perfect for overnight trips to week-long adventures spent exploring around the globe.
Surprisingly, the Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Global Carry On is as light as a feather at an impressive 7.1 pounds. Even when packed full of gear, pulling this suitcase up the handle and carrying it around felt exceptional. I’ve tried that in the past with other suitcases and well, my arm starts to get sore after a bit. For some reason, beyond the weight itself, perhaps how intelligently Victorinox designed this suitcase handle alongside durable rigidly explains it.
Speaking of carrying a suitcase around, the dual-trolley handle makes moving your suitcase along an effortless process. Of course, it wouldn’t be effortless without the buttery-smooth 8-dual caster wheels with soft tread. I have to say, of all the suitcases I’ve tried in the past, regardless of the cost, the Spectra 2.0 Global Carry On features, hands down, the nicest wheels of them all!
For cargo carrying ability, the separated compartments are wonderful for both organization and maximizing storage space. I was able to fit my full three-piece Tom Ford suit inside, alongside a pair of leather men’s dress shoes, fashionable accessories, a spare blazer and dress shirt, and so much more. Honestly, I am amazed at the compact profile of this suitcase for just how much you can really fit inside. I love it!
Beyond the above, Victorinox didn’t skimp on the bells and whistles; there are plenty of them to enjoy. From the exterior combination lock to the quick-access door, scratch-resistant finish, corner guards, zipper bumpers, compression straps, and more, you truly get it all in one handsome piece of travel gear.
Factor in that it meets most global carry-on regulations including IATA, plus features a 1+10 year warranty, Swiss Tracker Back tracking program, Access Lock Combination Recovery program, and you’ve got all you need to travel around the world without breaking a sweat over your gear!
Grey/Brown Victorinox Architecture Urban Bodmer 14 Laptop Briefcase Review
I can never seem to find a good briefcase that doesn’t run north of a thousand plus dollars. That changed the moment I put my hands on the Victorinox Architecture Urban Bodmer 14. Not only does the nuwa polyester and genuine Napa leather exterior look beautiful, but the interior organization is beautifully well laid out.
From my 15” MacBook Pro laptop to office paperwork and documents, business cards, a spare long-sleeve wool shirt, snacks for the day, writing utensils and beyond, everything tucked away perfectly. In a moment’s notice, I could effortlessly grab what I needed without having to dig around. Needless to say, the interior organization is off the charts! For as hard as I work, I can really appreciate the thought that went into this briefcase, because let’s face it, this is one briefcase that can actually keep up!
With handsome leather accents, a removable leather shoulder sling, hidden zippered exterior security pocket, luxurious leather carry handles, and much more, the Architecture Urban Bodmer 14 is my closest ally in any meeting.
Sand Victorinox Deluxe Rolltop Laptop Backpack Review
Through the isolated woods to the busy city sidewalks, the Victorinox Rolltop laptop backpack was built for those on the move.
With a compact 20-liter volume, I was impressed by how much admirable utility Victorinox had managed to stuff inside and outside of this pack. For instance, you’ll find a buckle whistle, metal bottle opener on the shoulder strap, hidden rear zipper (for your laptop), SR buckle closure for the rolltop, file divider, lockable main compartment zippers, and perhaps the most notable feature, the unique daisy-chain accessory cords.
Of course, that’s just for starters. When it comes to comfort, three-dimensional diamond pattern on the back of this pack feels terrific. Even when loaded up with gear, I could still appreciate the gentleness of the compression-molded rear. Shoulder straps with the adjustable sternum strap made for a comfortable experience too.
Regarding accessing gear, it’s refreshingly fast. For durability, Victorinox understands the meaning of rock-solid. Factor in all the organizational compartments and you’ve got a brilliant backpack built with purpose.