Go Back   Next Luxury > GENTLEMEN'S INTERESTS > Home

Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
MrSmith
Gentleman

Default simple upgrades to make my apartment nicer?

i can't do major stuff, i can't even PAINT... but.. what are some little things i can do to give my apartment a classier, nicer atmosphere? any suggestions? budget is around 2-3k.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Brian
Next Luxury Founder

You could try out those new wood wall stickers/boards. They come off pretty easy and are a breeze to install. I can't remember what their called, but their really slick.. That's the only way to really get around the paint issue, aside from simply hanging up a bunch of artwork and posters to make your apartment feel more like a "home".

The easiest way to upgrade your apartment into a manly space would be to find a modern section that takes up a good amount of space. A rug to cover the floor, coffee table, and then some odd decor pieces that give your place a unique feel.

All said and done, that can be accomplished for well under $2K. Plus if you head over to a thrift store, you can find some great deals to make your interior design budget stretch even farther..

But I would start with the furniture first, since everything in the room will need to revolve around the design of that. From there it's just all about collecting cool items to make your place your own. Check out the bachelor pad photo gallery I posted awhile back if you're looking for some great inspiration to go off of.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Marken
Gentleman

A rug can go a really long way in adding some life to your place. Check out the 8x10 rugs over at Ikea if you're looking for something that's cheap, decor wise. I would go with something interesting in terms of the design and color. Try to tailor it to everything else in the room. For example if you have brown furniture and blue decor accents like a vase or blue poster on the wall, then try to match it with some shades of blue in the rug or pattern.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Myron
Gentleman

Hmm, paint is like the easiest and most simple way to upgrade your bachelor pad.

You have a solid budget, there's no reason you can't redecorate the place with that amount of cash on hand. I would get a new leather sectional couch, coffee table and tv stand. Bedroom furniture too and spend the rest on accessories for each room.

You can find a ton of cheap artwork online or even go to a thrift store and pick up some one of a kind decor pieces. There's no reason to pay $30+ for small things like wood baskets, plants, etc at the retail store when you pick them all up for a few dollars instead.

I like the rug idea too. I didn't even think of that. It would be pretty easy to add some major style to your place, plus make it seem way more comfortable and give a relaxed atmosphere.

Next Luxury

We run men’s lifestyles