If you asked me what the perfect word I would use to describe women, I would say that we are nothing short of complex.
Trying to learn how to speak Latin, which is a dead language, may actually be easier than trying to read what’s on a woman’s mind.
The average woman personifies a million different roles in a 24-hour period. They are moms, young professionals, best friends to other complicated ladies, stressful students, and the other half of your relationship.
When men try to understand women, nothing happens. Often times, women are compared to men, which leads to further frustration.
What you need to understand is that women are their own special type of being. Yes, they over-complicate things, but they are strong, they are willing, they are caring, determined, and loving, and just about any other adjective in the dictionary all in a period of a 24-hour day.
As an emerging lady in society today, things like “What is he thinking?” or “If only he knew…” constantly run through my head, even in my own relationships. My goal is to help men try to figure us out. Truthfully, it will never happen, but I can at least give you some pointers when you’re faced with the complexity of women.
1. We’re impatient. When we say dinner is at 7 p.m. please, please don’t show up at 7:15. We like order.
2. The common belief that the gifts that come from the heart are the best types, is certainly true. We don’t expect fancy, expensive, and sparkly gifts, although they do look nice on. A true “from the heart” thoughtful gift, will earn you major brownie points.
3. We are strong and resilient, but we still need a little nurturing every now and then. The variety of roles that we play in a day is exhausting. Married men, it’s your turn to watch the kids tonight. Let her go out, pamper herself, and enjoy being alone, she needs it.
4. Never stop wooing us. The butterflies we had during the “honeymoon” phase, still matter. One, five, or even 50 years into a relationship, women deserve to feel that sense of giddiness that goes with newness. Buy her flowers, it’ll go a long way.
5. If you love us, tell us, we’re not mind readers.
6. We are not a like. When men assume that women need to fit into their standard of themselves, women feel nothing but defeat. Men and women have different makeups, it’s time to step outside of your mold and see women for who they are, not who you want them to be.
7. Although we may not know the most gracious way to accept a compliment, we always love to receive them. Trust me, women love attention. When a man shows her how beautiful she is, her world is made.
8. Society has its way of beating women down, making us feel insecure in our own bodies, bodies that were created with love. Try and make her feel like she is the best she can be and that the harsh world outside has nothing on her.
9. You may think with logic, but women, we think with our emotions. It doesn’t mean that we are illogical in our thought processes. It only means that we take into consideration our feelings when making major decisions.
10. We really like men who are “in touch” when their feminine side. Women naturally gravitate to men who are in tune with their emotions and who share their passions about life. Don’t put that wall up. If it moves you, let the tears flow. It’ll put you on another level with your lady.
11. Sometimes we just like to vent. Most of time we just have a lot on our minds and when we vent, we’re really just trying to clear our heads. We are not looking to find clear answers or solutions.
12. We LOVE surprises. Wow her the next time she comes home from work. Even though we may not show it, when you take over the plans for date night, it really demonstrates how much you care.
13. If you’re interested in us, don’t continue to do the creepy stare down, get the guts to approach us. Stop obsessing about the perfect way to spark a conversation, because a simple “hi” will work better than that corny, halfway inappropriate pick up line that you have been practicing. You never know unless you try.
14. Please listen to us. When we are explaining our problems to you we are more interested in a friend who listens rather than someone to fix our problems for us.
15. We like honesty. Men who are honest about their feelings or thoughts are more respectable than men who just continue to go with the flow. Take initiative when talking to us, if you don’t like what we’re doing or saying, tell us! We would not know otherwise.
16. Women don’t easily let go of things. If you had a bad day in the office, you come home and forget. If we have a bad day in the office, we find it extremely hard to not let it affect every aspect of our lives. Try and be understanding. We don’t mean to take it out on you, it just happens.
17. When you ask for our fashion advice, listen to our fashion advice. Women find it annoying when men constantly bicker about what to wear. We probably know a little bit more about what is considered sensible fashion than you do.
18. Please don’t continue to bring up your ex. Once or twice is acceptable but after the third time, just stop. We don’t care how she cooked or how she treated you. We are our own person.
19. Our girlfriends are especially important to us. We tell them everything and most of time, they were in our lives before the relationship even started. When a man can get along with my friends, it shows a lot about his character.
20. We don’t like to feel inferior to you. In a society that favors the thoughts and work of men over women, it is important that you don’t bring that thought process around your woman. We are fully capable of almost everything you can do.
21. Don’t be prideful. In the midst of a heated argument the only focus on both the minds of men and women is who is right. Just try and drop it. Arguing can ruin relationships.
22. A real woman doesn’t care how much money her man makes. She respects you for working and for your dedication but just know, that what really matters to her, is that you are there. You’re there for important life decisions, family gatherings, and for a quiet night together. Learning to leave work at work may be one of the most difficult things to do but is an important thing in your relationship.
23. Inner beauty is just as important as outer beauty. Women like to feel like their heart is appreciated. Material things will disappear with time, but as your woman grows into her older years, her heart will remain constant, because a good and caring heart is forever. Beauty may fade, but appreciating who she is as a person rather than what she looks like is much more respectable.
24. Laughing is desirable. When life becomes a bear, it’s important to sit back and just laugh. A man who can make a woman giggle shows her that he can have fun in the midst of a busy life. Take the time to laugh together, it’s a natural medicine.
25. If you were to take away one thing from this list, it’s the idea that women really aren’t as complicated as society makes them out to be. Yes, I know as a woman, we do have some traits that make us more complex than our male counterparts, but deep down, all we want is simplicity.
We simply want love. We simply want companionship. We simply want to be appreciated.
Overall, we simply want happiness.
We want happiness for the ones we love, specifically, happiness for our children, our friends, our family and for our significant other. The happiness in our hearts may come off as slightly compassionate and whole lot of crazy, but we do it because we care and because we love.