Innovative and durable, Klean Kanteen’s new TKPro insulated bottle line is a dream come true for hot and cold beverage lovers alike.
Instead of plastic like you’d find on most other insulated bottles, the TKPro takes a different route and features a beautiful electro polished 18/8 food-grade stainless steel construction.
Factor in the silicone seal (BPA free) and the TKPro is as sanitary and bulletproof as it gets. Best of all, thanks to the unique stainless steel build, the interior won’t retain or impart flavors. And while I enjoy a nice cup of tea, the reality is, I don’t want to taste whatever flavor is leftover for months on end.
In my never-ending search for the best insulated bottle out there, Klean Kanteen has managed to give me the answer. The TKPro not only keeps my beverages hot and cold (20 hours hot, 75 hours for the 16oz version), but it’s also one-hundred percent leak-proof! Now, while I know most insulated bottles claim they are leakproof, let’s face it, the reality is they leak.
The TKPro doesn’t let out a single drop! The way Klean Kanteen has put the threaded cap and cup on top of the opening is brilliant!
Of course, that’s just a few of the many highlights when it comes to Klean Kanteen’s newest bottle. In this TKPro insulated bottle review, you’ll find some surprisingly innovative features below.
– 20 hours hot and 75 hours iced (16oz)
– 38 hours hot and 100 hours iced (32oz)
– Electro polished 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
– Interior won’t retain or impart flavors
– Integrated double-wall construction stainless steel cup
– 360 pour through-design with twist cap
– 7.3oz cup (215ml) 16oz TKPro
– 10.3oz cup (305ml) 32oz TKPro
– 100% plastic free silicone construction
– Drip-free pouring from any angle
– TK Closure Internal thread design for improved thermal retention.
– Climate Lock Vacuum Insulation
– BPA Free
– Chip-resistant 4X More Durable Klean Coat Finish
– Leak-proof construction
– Easily packable sleek exterior design
– 18.3 ounces (520 grams) weight 16oz bottle
– 10.2″ H x 2.9″ W (260.0 mm H x 74.7 mm W) 16oz bottle
– 26.0 ounces (736 g) 32oz bottle
– 13.5″ H x 3.5″ W (318.0 mm H x 87.5 mm W) 32oz bottle
– Available in brushed stainless and shale black (matte) color options.
Brushed Stainless Steel 16oz Insulated Klean Kanteen TKPro Bottle Review
Shale Black 32oz Insulated Klean Kanteen TKPro Bottle Review
Beyond things like a chip-resistant 4x more durable Klean Coat finish, you can find some serious innovation packed into the TKPro. For starters, the internal thread design is far from traditional with small bumps to improve thermal retention.
There’s also a threaded double-walled stainless-steel cup that’s integrated into the top of the bottle. No longer do you have to carry around a cup, instead everything stores together in a compacted single piece design.
Perhaps the most innovative feature of them all that took me by complete surprise was the ability to pour a full 360 degrees without any drips. The smaller threaded cap twists off a slight bit to let out a mini waterfall of your favorite beverage for any angle. While it’s true any beverage will flow out of an open bottle, being able to control the flow rate of a piping hot (or blistering cold) drink is golden!
Concerning functionality, the TKPRO bottle features Climate Lock Vacuum Insulation which performs wonderfully. For hot drinks in the 16oz version, the bottle works for an impressive 20 hours. For iced beverages, the number jumps to 75 hours. Of course, you can always opt for the larger 24oz or 32oz bottles which feature an even higher rating. On the shale black 32oz bottle I tried out, it featured temperature retention of 38 hours hot and 100 hours iced.
Sure, stainless steel may be considered a heavier metal for the outdoorsman to carry around, but the reality is, the TKPro is incredibly reasonable weight wise for what you get. You’ll find one in my pack regardless. With a tank-like construction, I can really appreciate the fact that this bottle won’t fail me in the field.
In today’s world, it’s often hard to find things constructed exceptionally well, but Klean Kanteen has managed to produce an insulated bottle with stunning, long-lasting quality.