When it comes to technical performance ski snowboard apparel, Trew has been perfecting the art for over ten years and counting.
From ski jackets to baselayers, snow socks, and beyond, when it comes to Trew’s latest lineup, there’s something for every powder seeking adventurer to admire.
In my case, their backcountry inspired Cosmic jacket, and Super Down Shirtweight jacket really caught my attention. Both pieces fused style and performance into one, all while delivering numerous neat features throughout.
To see how capable their gear was, I hiked my way up a few mountains and later skied my way on down a few too. The result? Trew knows how to make top-notch outwear!
Below, you’ll find my men’s Trew Cosmic jacket and Super Down Shirtweight jacket review alongside some shots of my getting to enjoy them on and off the slopes.
Men’s Cosmic Jacket
– Available in four color options including blackout, toffee, cascade and daybreak.
– 80D 3L Dermizax construction
– Bemis 3-layer seam tape
– Fully taped
– YKK Aquaguard zippers on all exposed openings
– Center front YKK Aquaguard VISLON zipper
– 2-way adjustment and helmet-compatible hood
– 26.4 oz. weight (size medium)
– RECCO reflector
– Cohaesive embedded cord
– Shock cord adjustable hem
– Rubber-tipped cordage zipper pulls
– Laser-cut PU logo details
– Soft micro suede chin guard
– Collar headphone cord loop
– Ergonomic powder skirt with 3-point pant attachment
– Zip wrist pass/stash pocket
– Zip hand pockets
– Two vertical zippered chest pockets (one with cord port)
– Two internal stretch-mesh drop pockets
– Modern freeride fit with slimmer body profile
– Articulated back elbows follow natural curve of arms
– High collar for increased storm coverage
Men’s Super Down Shirtweight Jacket
– Available in fiery red, fatigue green and graphite color options.
– 100% nylon shell construction
– 30 denier plain weave
– 750 fill power for ultra-warmth
– Luxurious, ethically sourced European goose down
– Two hand pockets
– Left hand pocket coverts into stuff sack for compact carrying
– Durable waterproof finish
Black Men’s Trew Cosmic Jacket Review
If there’s one thing I like about Trew’s outwear right off the bat, it’s the distinct level of style. I get a sense that they really refined the Cosmic jacket to nail down a perfect look. From the outside, there’s no question about it; I love it.
Beyond the handsome exterior, the construction details and level of performance are where this men’s ski jacket really shines. 80D 3L Dermizax is paired with Bermis 3-layer seam tape and YKK Aquaguard VISLON zippers. For breathability, waterproofing and windproofing, the Cosmic jacket will keep you comfortable from sunup to sundown on the slopes.
You’ll also other great features such as a RECCO reflector, shock cord adjustable hem, 2-way adjustable and helmet-compatible hood, soft microsuede chin guard, and a powder skirt with 3-point pan attachment. Of course, that is just a few of the many things I’ve come to appreciate about this jacket.
After spending a few days out on the slopes with it, I’m super pleased with the pockets, high collar, articulated elbows/back for free range of motion, and rubber-tipped pull cords. With everything coming together so perfectly, I’m beyond impressed with how Trew pulled off this incredible and innovative ski jacket.
Graphite Men’s Trew Super Down Shirtweight Jacket Review
While I had a chance to ski with the Trew men’s Super Down Shirtweight Jacket as a mid-layer, I also had a chance to take it out for a cold-weather mountain hike.
I believe the word, “toasty” says it all. The ethically sourced 750 fill powder European goose down kept me warm against the frigid wind and blistering cold temps. The waterproof finish worked wonders to keep the drifting wet snow where it belonged, out.
Despite its wonderfully warm construction, this men’s jacket is surprisingly lightweight and super enjoyable to wear both as a mid and outer layer. Weight and fit aside, I was also surprised to discover that the left-hand pocket converts into a stuff sack.
If you want to carry around a spare jacket in your pack for those extra cold winter and fall seasons, the compact profile is perfect.