Top 151 Best Books For Men – What Successful Businessmen And Entrepreneurs Read
Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him. – John Locke
Can you guess the strangest secret of successful men?
Clickty, clank, clickty, clank…
It’s not just the money in their piggy bank..
Truth be told it’s the books in their library.
Read the biographies of successful men and you’ll find two universal truths: They are avid readers and lifelong learners.
The moment you think you know it all, you stop growing. Without knowledge you have no power. Without literature you have no freedom.
A private library has always been an escape for the curious mind; start one. After finishing this list you may just be more inclined to start something even greater. A Fortune 500 company perhaps…
This is the most comprehensive list of books for men on the planet.
BUSINESS, START UP AND MANAGEMENT BOOKS
1. The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
2. One Simple Idea – Stephen Key
3. The Obsolete Employee – Michael Russer
4. Hiring Smart – Pierre Mornell
5. The Profit Zone – Adrian Slywotzky
6. Start Small, Stay Small – Rob Walling and Mike Taber
7. E-Myth Revisited – Michael Gerber
8. Business Model Generation – Alexander Osterwalder
9. Crush It! – Gary Vaynerchuk
10. Delivering Happiness – Tony Hsieh
11. Founders at Work – Jessica Livingston
12. Good to Great – Jim Collins
13. Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Peter F. Drucker
14. Made to Stick – Chip Heath
15. Making Ideas Happen – Scott Belsky
16. Maverick – Ricardo Semler
17. Purple Cow – Seth Godin
18. Ready, Fire, Aim – Michael Masterson
19. Street Smarts – Norm Brodsky
20. The Art of the Start – Guy Kawasaki
21. The Toyota Way – Jeffrey K. Liker
22. The Personal MBA – Josh Kaufman
23. Escape from Cubicle Nation – Pamela Slim
24. Bankable Business Plans – Edward Rogoff
25. The Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton M. Christensen
26. The Four Steps to the Epiphany – Steven Gary Blank
27. Business Stripped Bare – Richard Branson
28. The Hard Thing About Hard Things – Ben Horowitz
29. Zero to One – Peter Thiel
30. Competition Demystified – Bruce C. Greenwald
INVESTING, WEALTH AND FINANCE BOOKS
31. Fail-Safe Investing – Harry Browne
32. How to Get Rich – Felix Dennis
33. The Investor’s Manifesto – William J. Bernstein
34. The Smartest Investment Book You’ll Ever Read – Daniel R. Solin
35. Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits – Philip A. Fisher
36. The Millionaire Fastlane – MJ DeMarco
37. The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham
38. The Power Curve – Scott G. Kyle
39. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert T. Kyosaki
40. When Genius Failed – Roger Lowenstein
41. The Essays of Warren Buffett – Warren E. Buffett
42. Stocks for the Long Run – Jeremy J. Siegel
43. I Will Teach You To Be Rich – Ramit Sethi
44. Your Money or Your Life – Joel Dominguez & Vicki Robin
45. The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas Stanley & William Danko
46. One Up On Wall Street – Peter Lynch & John Rothchild
47. It’s Not About The Money – Brent Kessel
48. Work Less, Live More – Bob Clyatt
49. The Little Book That Still Beats the Market – Joel Greenblatt
SALES, MARKETING AND PSYCHOLOGY BOOKS
50. The Culting of Brands – Douglas Atkin
51. Inbound Marketing – Brian Halligan, Dharmesh Shah & David Meerman Scott
52. The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing – Al Ries & Jack Trout
53. How We Decide – Jonah Lehrer
54. Influence– Robert Cialdini
55. Tribes – Seth Godin
56. CrowdSourcing– Jeff Howe
57. The Wisdom of Crowds – James Surowiecki
58. Cashvertising– Drew Eric Whitman
59. Words That Sell
60. Words That Work
61. Persuasion IQ – Kurt W. Mortensen
62. Permission Marketing – Seth Godin
63. Why We Buy – Paco Underhill
64. Guerrilla Marketing – Jay Conrad Levinson
65. Blue Ocean Strategy – W. Chan Kim
66. Chasing Cool – Noah Kerner
67. The Paradox of Choice – Barry Schwartz
68. The Ultimate Sales Machine – Chet Holmes, Jay Conrad Levinson & Michael Gerber
69. Tested Advertising Methods – Caples
70. The Tipping Point – Malcom Gladwell
71. The Boron Letters – Gary Halbert
72. Max Money – Gary Halbert
73. On Writing Well – William Zinsser
74. Presentation Zen – Garr Reynolds
75. The Copywriter’s Handbook – Robert Bly
76. How To Write A Good Advertisement – Vic Schwab
77. Breakthrough Advertising – Eugene Schwartz
78. Scientific Advertising – Claude Hopkins
79. Buyology – Martin Lindstrom
80. Selling the Invisible – Harry Beckwith
81. Secrets of Closing the Sale – Zig Ziglar
82. SPIN Selling – Neil Rackham
83. Crucial Conversations – Kerry Patterson
84. The Sales Bible – Jeffrey Gitomer
MOTIVATION, PRODUCTIVITY AND SELF-IMPROVEMENT BOOKS
85. Seeking Wisdom – Peter Bevelin
86. Little Bets – Peter Sims
87. Brain Rules – John Medina
88. Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
89. Here Comes Everybody – Clay Shirky
90. Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi & Tahl Raz
91. Talent Is Overrated – Geoff Colvin
92. Making a Good Brain Great – Daniel G. Amen
93. The Talent Code – Daniel Coyle
94. Hackers & Painters – Paul Graham
95. The Time Paradox – Philip Zimbardo & John Boyd
96. The $100 Startup – Chris Guillebeau
97. Getting Things Done – David Allen
98. 10 Days to Faster Reading – Abby Marks-Beale
99. StrengthsFinder 2.0 – Tom Rath
100. The Power of Less – Leo Babauta
101. The 80/20 Principle – Richard Koch
102. Bit Literacy – Mark Hurst
103. The Power of Full Engagement – Jim Loehr & Tony Schwartz
104. How To Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
105. Self-Directed Behavior – David L. Watson & Roland G. Tharp
106. Personal Development for Smart People – Steve Pavlina
107. Re-Create Your Life – Morty Lefkoe
108. Lead the Field – Earl Nightingale
109. The Art of Exceptional Living – Jim Rohn
110. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey
111. Drive – Daniel H. Pink
112. Losing My Virginity – Richard Branson
113. Rework – Jason Fried
114. Steve Jobs – Walter Isaacson
115. The 4-Hour Workweek – Timothy Ferriss
116. The Dip – Seth Godin
117. The One Minute Entrepreneur – Ken Blanchard
118. The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
119. The 48 Laws of Power – Robert Greene
120. Think & Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
121. Art of War – Sun Tzu
122. Awaken the Giant Within – Tony Robbins
123. Getting Things Done – David Allen
124. How Life Imitates Chess – Gary Kasparov
125. Eat That Frog – Brian Tracy
126. Negotiating with Giants – Peter D. Johnston
127. The Lazy Man’s Way To Riches – Joe Karbo
128. Integrity – Henry Cloud
129. Think Big – Donald J. Trump
130. Turn the Ship Around! – L. David Marquet
APARTMENT AND REAL ESTATE BOOKS
131. What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow – Frank Gallinelli
132. Millionaire Real Estate Investor – Gary Keller
133. Buy and Hold Forever – David Schumaker
134. The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings – Steve Burgess
BOOKS SPOTTED IN THE WILD
135. Atlas Shrugged – Aryn Rand
136. How to Be Invisible – JJ Luna
137. An Ordinary Man – Paul Rusesabagina
138. Freakonomics – Steven D. Levitt
139. Capital in the Twenty-First Century – Thomas Piketty
140. Business Adventures – John Brooks
141. Quiet – Susan Cain
142. Setting the Table – Danny Meyer
143. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl
144. A Random Walk Down Wall Street – Burton G. Malkiel
145. Getting Naked – Patrick Lencioni
146. The 4 Disciplines of Execution – Chris McChesney
147. My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising – Claude Hopkins
148. Start with Why – Simon Sinek
149. The Prophet – Kahlil Gibran
150. The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
151. Financial Peace – Dave Ramsey (Thanks Tony)
Anything I Missed?
Thank you to all the businessmen who sent me their list of favorite books.
Now it’s time to hear from you:
Are there any books that I missed?
Or maybe you have an idea of how I can make the guide even better.
Either way, tweet me @NextLuxury and let me know.
Top 29 Best Watches Under $500 For Men
With cellphones so ubiquitous, your watch choice can be less about telling time and more about personal style. However, a watch is not ‘just’ a watch. For example, the vast majority are made for right-handed people, but a select few cater to the lefties among us. There is a wide range in functionality and size.
The wristwatch is also one of the few socially acceptable accessories for men, so why not have a small selection? If you’re not cashing a CEO’s paycheck just yet, here are the top 28 most handsome watches for men that retail for under $500.
Got a bigger budget? Then check out our guide to the best men’s watches under $1000 instead.
Top 29 Best Watches Under $500 For Men
1. Tommy Hilfiger Stainless Steel Men’s Watch
If you like the feel of a pliable, non-metal band but aren’t comfortable with genuine leather, this watch comes equipped with a handsome synthetic band. At 46mm in diameter, this watch is perfect for men of smaller stature, as it will not overpower your hand or make it look like you’re wearing your father’s watch. With bold Arabic numerals, a stainless steel case, and classic styling, this watch is an outstanding choice for an everyday watch and the man on a budget.
2. Nordgreen Pioneer – Black Dial
Get 15% off using the discount code NEXTL at checkout
Not everyone has an endless amount of cash to drop on a luxury timepiece. If you’re money-conscious but want something high-end, then why not consider the Nordgreen Pioneer.
An inspired take on a classic Chronograph, Nordgreen celebrates the Danish with what they call a timepiece “that captures the sustainable future.” Available in various dial colors from blue, black, and white. There’s even the choice of three case colors – gunmetal, silver, and rose gold. A perfect addition to the collection of any watch enthusiast.
3. Fossil Grant Brown Leather Watch
This lovely offering by Fossil features slim Roman numeral hour markers and delicate cut-out hands. The casing is stainless steel and is water-resistant to 165 feet, making it a great dive watch. The band is made of supple, soft calfskin leather and uses a buckle closure.
Of course, this timepiece also comes with the generous 11-year warranty and it’s own fun tin. This watch oozes class and is great for nearly every occasion in your life.
4. Citizen Sport Stainless Steel Men’s Watch With Brown Leather Band
If you don’t want to deal with changing out a battery in a digital watch, this watch is powered by either natural or indoor lighting. The mineral crystal face and stainless steel case make this watch water-resistant to 330 feet, making it a great choice for swimmers and snorkelers.
Handsome and utilitarian, this is a great watch for everyday wear. It’s one of the best watches for men who are always on the go.
5. Fossil Men’s Machine Chronograph Silicone Watch
This watch was designed with the active man in mind. The knurled silicone band stands up to sweat and oils without issue, and the timepiece itself is water-resistant to 165 feet.
The patterned bezel and quality craftsmanship of the black dial is excellent, as is to be expected from a Fossil watch. It even comes in the iconic and collectible tin!
6. Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Watch
This men’s watch features Japanese quartz movement that charges itself indoors or out when exposed to light, making it a great choice for those who don’t want to change out the battery too often. The stitched canvas strap is soft against your skin and will wick away moisture, while the mineral crystal face stands up to the rigors of your everyday life.
Water-resistant to 330 feet, this dive watch is a classic and simple design you’ll be proud of for years to come.
7. Invicta Pro Diver Chronograph Men’s Watch
Another gorgeous offering by Invicta, this watch features a bold design with a slightly nautical feel to it. It will look at home whether you’re wearing a business suit or are going for a dive of less than 660 feet. This piece is also covered by a one-year warranty as a matter of course. The luminosity feature and magnified date window make it a great choice if you work or play in low light.
If you want something that looks like a Tag Heuer but without the luxury watch brand price tag, this is a good option!
8. Casio Edifice Multi-Function Men’s Watch
This watch has three sub-dials for 12 hour, 60 minute and 60-second displays, in addition to the standard time. It also features a fold-over, push-down clasp on the stainless strap, keeping it secure throughout your activities. If you’re looking for a classy timepiece that shrieks sophistication, this is a great choice.
9. Fossil Machine Three Hand Stainless Steel Men’s Watch
This quality watch is a chameleon piece. It looks at home as a dress watch riding below the cuff of your best suit, and it also looks great paired with jeans and a t-shirt. Backed by Fossil’s 11-year warranty as a matter of course and beautifully crafted, this smoke-colored piece is guaranteed to become the go-to accessory for nearly every occasion.
10. MVMT Watches Black Face Men’s Watch
If you like the look of a simple watch, this minimalist offering from MVMT is right up your alley. With just a plain black face, tick marks to denote the hours and a single date window, there is nothing overdone or extravagant about this design. The is understated and suited to the simple design. It’s definitely a classy, low-key piece for the budget-conscious.
11. Timex Weekender Watch
If you’re looking for a fun watch to pair with casual outfits, this is a great option. The band is blue and yellow woven nylon, and the face features both civilian and military timekeeping. An Indiglo night light is also included. This watch is water-resistant to 99 feet, meaning it can withstand splashes of water or exposure to rain but you won’t want to submerge it.
12. PUMA Ultrasize Black Sport Men’s Watch
Boasting a 50mm diameter, this piece is perfect for the large-framed man or one who likes to wear his accessories oversized. A true fashion statement, this sports watch comes in eight different colors schemes to match your favorite hues.
Do be aware, however, that the dial knob is configure for left-handed men!
13. Timex Easy Reader Men’s Watch
Another dress watch designed with the older gentleman in mind, this watch features a white dial with generously sized numerals that do not appear comical to the casual observer.
It’s also an excellent choice if you take your contacts out at night and still want to be able to check the time. With classic lines and a simple white face, the watch would not be out of place at any casual gathering. It comes with Timex’s one-year warranty at no additional charge.
14. Fossil Nate Men’s Chronograph Watch
For men who like a more gritty, industrial feel to their accessories, this Fossil watch is right on point. The bezel is gear-edged and the face is utilitarian black and gray. Water-resistant to 165 feet, this watch is a great choice if you like your adornments to be understated yet add visual interest.
It’s definitely a stand-out piece, for those who would take notice!
15. Timex Expedition Field Chronograph Men’s Watch
Featuring an indigo night light, tachymeter, a date window and a buckle closure, this watch is perfect for men who like to work or play outdoors. It is also water-resistant to 330 feet, making it a great choice for snorkeling or swimming.
You won’t want to wear it for diving, however. With classic, black styling and a genuine crystal face, this is a timepiece that will stand the test of time in both form and function.
16. Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Men’s Watch
This Seiko automatic watch has all the bells and whistles you need, but presents it all in a plain and strikingly attractive manner. It features a date window in either English or Spanish, sword-shaped hands, a sweeping second hand and a mineral dial window. This is a great option for the man on the go. The canvas strap can be removed and hand-washed if sweat or other odors become an issue.
This watch is not water-resistant, so you’ll only want to wear it when you won’t be popping by the pool for a swim!
17. Invicta Pro Diver Collection Silver-Tone Men’s Watch
For those who prefer an all-metal timepiece, the stainless steel Invicta fits the bill nicely. It has a similar aesthetic to a Tag Heuer watch, but at a more affordable price. Equipped with a unilateral bezel and removable links, the band can be customized to fit your wrist perfectly. The face is flame fusion crystal and features a magnifier to highlight the date window.
It’s also water-resistant to 660 feet. If you’re looking for a gorgeous watch that stands up to an active lifestyle, this is an excellent choice.
18. Seiko Men’s Adventure-Solar Classic Casual Watch
This Seiko watch derives its power from either natural or indoor light and can withstand water depths of up to 330 feet. The supple brown leather strap and timeless brushed steel give this piece an attractive look, and the alarm chronograph is easy to set.
If you’re looking for a watch that can serve as a backup for your wake-up call while traveling, stand up to the elements and look awesome, this casual wrist watch is a winner.
19. Nautica Men’s Stainless Steel Watch with Blue Resin Band
Featuring a plethora of options and a smart, snappy style, this a great casual watch with a eye-catching blue dial. The hardy resin band is adjustable, and the face is protected by a mineral window. Whether for work or play, this bold blue design is handsome and substantial on the wrist. It comes with Nautica’s five-year warranty at no additional charge.
20. Citizen Sport Men’s Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Band
The black, red and white face of this piece eschews the traditional two-tone color scheme so often employed in other watches, and the contrasting stitching on the band adds creative flair. It comes backed by Citizen’s five-year warranty and will compliment any casual outfit.
21. Alessi Tic15 Analog Display Analog Quartz Black Men’s Watch
Another not-quite-round offering on our list, the curved square casing of this piece gives it instant visual appeal. Sleek and clean, this unfussy design will be a compliment to almost any occasion. It has quartz movement and is water-resistant to 99 feet, making it a great choice for everyday wear.
22. Invicta 1517 I Force Collection Watch
Another on our list designed for left-handed men, this watch is something special. Water-resistant to 330 feet and featuring oversize stenciled numbers and a sub dial, this watch is great for any casual outfit. The cloth band is extremely durable and stands up to dirt, sweat and grime.
If you lead an active lifestyle, this watch will be right at home in your collection.
23. TRIWA Blue Steel Nevil Canvas Watch
This watch comes in a whopping 14 color variations, all of them beautiful. You may decide to add more than one to your collection!
Designed in Sweden, this watch features Japanese quartz movement, a stainless steel casing and a strap made from Tärnsjö organic leather. TRIWA, which stands for Transforming the Industry of Watches, believes in the artistry of fine jewelry and it shows in their product.
24. Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Watch
Another fine dress watch from the makers of the Swiss Army knife, this watch is emblazoned with the internally recognized cross and shield emblem. It has no sub-dials, tachymeter or other add-ons to detract from its simple and appealing style.
This watch will be at home with all but the most formal of outfits and carries a two-year warranty.
25. Ingersoll Automatic Stainless Steel Bull Run Watch
Again, Ingersoll remakes the classics and brings them into the present day. With a highly polished stainless steel casing, two sub-dials, a date aperture and arrow-shaped hands, this quartz watch is beautiful.
The band features contrasting stitching on the fine-grain leather, adding depth and detail to the workmanship. This watch will compliment any casual occasion and can be relied upon for years to come.
26. Tissot Quickster Chronograph Black Leather Men’s Watch
Made with scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and Swiss automatic movement, this watch is a smart and utilitarian choice. If you’re looking for a solid Swiss watch that isn’t flashy, this is an excellent option. It’s also guaranteed for two years.
27. Seiko Sport Solar Men’s Beige Watch
Are you getting tired of squinting down at your watch or holding it closer and closer to your face? Don’t worry, we all get a bit nearsighted with age, especially over the age of 40.
If you’re not quite ready for reading glasses or a comically huge watch, this is a great choice from Seiko. The numerals, indices and luminous hands stand out in stark white against a black background, and the numerals are generous in size. It’s a perfect casual watch for the older gentleman.
28. Seiko Men’s 5 Watch Blue Canvas Band
This simple and affordable watch has a clean, crisp aesthetic to it and doesn’t bog down its design with a ton of bells and whistles. It’s time and date, end of.
If you want a watch for casual wear, this Seiko is a shoo-in. The band is forgiving and comfortable against your wrist, and it’s blue color will likely compliment your existing wardrobe. The price is also extremely affordable.
29. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Stainless Steel Watch With Brown Leather Band
Featuring the Hilfiger logo at the three o’clock position, this wrist watch is a statement piece. It is a bright, shiny stainless steel work of art that you’ll be proud to wear at all but the most stuffy of workplaces. The calfskin leather band uses a buckle closure and the date window is beside the logo at three o’clock.
If you’re a fan of Tommy clothing, cologne or luggage, you can complete your look with this stunning accessory.