Diageo Unveils Impressive Bottles in ‘Legends Untold’ Collection
Diageo has unveiled “Legends Untold,” the annual Special Releases Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection.
This year’s Legends Untold collection utilizes augmented reality to share the untold stories of the distilleries in new and unique ways.
“We have delved into the core characteristics of several classic distilleries, exploring the elements and reimagining the liquids for the Legends Untold collection,” said Dr. Craig Wilson, Diageo Master Blender.
“The mythical creatures of this year’s collection represent the true expressions of the distilleries. Taking inspiration from them, we have revealed new depths of flavor and embraced the essence of each of the whisky’s unique flavor profiles revealing the legend it brings to life. This year’s collection is just the very beginning of the story.”
Drawn from some of Scotland’s most interesting, legendary distilleries, this collection nods to the hidden gems that can be found in each corner of the Scottish terrain amongst the lochs and rugged highlands.
The collection includes:
- The darkly robust and rich Mortlach 13-Year-Old from the Speyside Dufftown distillery
- A briny, bold fire-breathing sea monster of malt with smoky undertones in the Talisker 8-Year-Old
- A Singleton of Glendullan 19-Year-Old
- A cask strength (55.5% ABV) Cardhu 14-Year-Old
- A rare Highland expression of the Royal Lochnagar
- A briny Oban 12-Year-Old
- Two unique and enchanting expressions of Lagavulin: A fiercely intense, yet perfectly balanced sweet and salty 12-Year-Old and a 26-Year-Old finished in first-fill Pedro Ximenez/Oloroso casks
This one-of-a-kind collection highlights the diversity of Diageo’s most treasured reserves maturing in Scotland. For the first time, it will feature bold, heavily detailed illustrations and design work from renowned digital illustrator Ken Taylor.
Activated via on-pack QR code, the legends are unlocked, and the multi-sensory experience begins with a narration of the cask-strength Single Malts’ tale. Whisky fans are then guided through a mixed reality tasting experience, designed to captivate their senses, all from the comfort of their own homes.
The 2021 Special Releases collection will be available in limited quantities from specialist Scotch whisky retailers and malts.com this autumn.
See more about - Whiskey Stones vs. Ice: Everything You Need To Know