Parenting Humor for When It All Gets a Bit Tough
Being a parent is hard work. As rewarding as it can be, it’s also very tough at times and will leave you pulling your hair out in frustration. This is certainly true during the earlier years when you are faced with endless crying, tantrums, spoiled nappies, teething, and projectile vomiting. It’s really messy work and can leave you feeling on edge.
Like anything in life, finding humor in your situation can definitely help ease the stress levels and make you feel less like a failure when your newborn just won’t stop crying. Parenting humor consists of everything from jokes and funny quotes to hilarious memes depicting situations you will likely find yourself in as a parent.
As the saying goes, “Laughter is the best medicine,” so to make sure you see the funny side of parenting, we’ve collected some of the best parenting humor from around the web. We’ve got some memes, advice from famous people, and funny parenting quotes from other moms and dads who are doing their best to make it work as a parent.
So if it’s all getting a bit too much, take a time out and give this article a read and we’re sure you’ll have a giggle and understand it’s not just you going through this, but every person who has had children.
Parenting Humor for When It All Gets a Bit Tough
Funny Parenting Advice From Celebrities
It might be hard to believe, but famous celebrities also struggle with being parents. Just like us regular folk who are trying our best to make it look like we know how to be a perfect parent, celebrities have to go through sleepless nights and temper tantrums. Many famous folk have been outspoken on raising kids and how they’ve found the challenge, with the below quotes some of the funniest that are sure to put you at ease while providing a few laughs.
1. “A two-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” – Jerry Seinfeld
2. “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” – Ray Romano
3. “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver.” – Jimmy Fallon
4. “My biggest parenting conundrum: why is it so hard to put someone who is already sleepy to sleep.” – Chrissy Teigen
5. “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” – Nia Vardalos
6. “The biggest thing I remember is that there was just no transition. You hit the ground diapering.” – Paul Reiser
7. “Being a father is the single greatest feeling on Earth. Not including those wonderful years I spent without a child, of course.” – Ryan Reynolds
8. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” – Oscar Wilde
9. “The Golden Rule of Parenting is do unto your children as you wish your parents had done unto you!” – Louise Hart
10. “If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.” – Bette Davis
11. “I think a lot about teaching my kids to work hard. I’ve learned something about kids ― they don’t do what you say; they do what you do.” – Jennifer Lopez
12. “Sleep at this point is just a concept. Something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” – Amy Poehler
13. “One is like you got a pet. Two is like you bought a zoo.” – James Corden
14. “I suck at swaddling. I don’t know whether to use glass or plastic bottles. I never knew there were so many types of nipples. And installing a car seat is like taking the SATS! I don’t have all the answers, which feels terrifying.” – Gabrielle Union
Funny Parenting Advice From Social Media
Social media allows people to post whatever they want, and many parents use the main platforms to give advice or talk about how tough parenting really is. The best of these are tinged with humor, as you will see below.
1. “Recipe for Iced Coffee: 1. Have kids. 2. Make coffee. 3. Forget you made coffee. 4. Drink it cold.” – @toni__hammer
2. “Not all who wander are lost. Some are just moms. In Target. Hiding from their children.” – The Better Half
3. “Parenting is yelling ‘you just had a snack!’ over and over until you give in and throw them another snack.” – @loud_momma
4. “When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is ‘Please forget.'” – @sarcasticmommy4
5. “The easiest way to shop with kids is not to.” – @relaxingmommy
6. “Toddlers’ hands are so small and gentle and clumsy and cute and armed with razorblades for fingernails. So be safe out there.” – @ParentNormal
7. “Hi, my daughter will be late to school because she can zip her jacket by herself.” – Julie Burton Blog
8. “Parents are hiring drug-sniffing dogs to find their kids’ drugs. I couldn’t do it. My kid already doesn’t trust me, according to her diary.” – @Tmoney68
9. “When a kid asks a sibling to play a game of tag, they’re basically asking if their sibling wants to take a jog that ends in a fight.” – @ParentNormal
10. “Four-year-old: Tell me a scary story! Me: One time little people popped out of your mom and they never stopped asking questions. Four-year-old: Why?” – @XplodingUnicorn
Funny Parenting Memes
Who doesn’t love a good meme? These parenting memes are hilarious and will have all parents laughing along.
1. Before or After?
We all know what the baby is going to choose.
2. Just Enough Dysfunction
You gotta give the kid a little bit of dysfunction.
3. Did I Wipe Good?
Not something you ever want to see as a parent, but plenty of us have.
4. Think You Need a Nap
Just because you think your child needs a nap doesn’t mean they feel the same.
5. Bathroom Break
They can find you no matter where you are hiding out.
6. Home Alone
It’s never fun when you’re the one left to babysit while your partner is out and about living it up.
7. Private Time
This mom just wanted five minutes alone.
8. Noisy Kids
A great summary of the noise kids make during the day.
9. Pee Out the Window
Kids will be kids.
10. Double Standards
This meme speaks the truth.
See more about - 23 Funny Pregnancy Announcements That Will Have You Giggling