Handpicked from the current Adidas’ winter line, these are some of my favorite men’s cold-weather wear finds.
The first piece I had to try on was the latest Climawarm jacket featuring Allied 80% duck down and 20% feather insulation.
With 600 fill power, staying warm while hiking outdoors atop a snow-covered mountain was effortless. Best of all, with all that warmth, came dry comfort thanks to the DWR (durable water-repellent coating).
For a slightly lighter top option, I opted to give the Adidas men’s Lite Down hoodie a try on. At just a mere 13.9 oz. or 390 grams, this hoodie weighs next to nothing. I was surprised by just how much heat it managed to trap inside. For a day spent hiking in the winter, this hoodie is a golden option. Of course, it’s the perfect mid-layer for putting under a ski/snowboard shell jacket.
When it comes to footwear, Adidas had a handful of hiking and winter options that caught my eye. For starters, their men’s Terrex Swift R2 GTX hiking shoes featured a sharp exterior profile alongside a wonderfully functional GORE-TEX membrane.
Beyond the tremendous waterproof and breathable construction, the Traxion outsole with Continental rubber offered a superb amount of grip. Add in the speed-lacing support Adidas managed to incorporate into this shoe, and you’ve got an exceptional hiking option for your feet.
The last winter piece of gear I put on was the men’s Terrex Tracefinder CH CP winter sports shoe. With Adidas Climaheat and Primaloft insulation, these shoes were as comfortable as they were warm. Even while stepping through the packed ice-cold snow, my feet felt just as fantastic as they did when I first left home to head out on the trail.
Best of all, the Terrex Tracefinder CH CP also features a windproof and waterproof Climaproof membrane to keep all of that wet snow, melted ice and blistering cold wind out.
Below you’ll find more details and insights on my handpicked Adidas outdoor favorites.
Men’s Climawarm Jacket
– Available in carbon and night cargo color options.
– High neck
– Long sleeves with inner cuffs to lock in heat
– 100% polyester plain weave shell
– 100% polyester taffeta lining
– 80% duck down and 20% feather padding filling
– Slip-in- hand warmer pockets
– Inner chest pocket
– Full zip with adjustable hood
– Adjustable hem
– Climawarm insulation with DWR Durable Water-Repellent Coating
– Leather adidas branded patch on arm
– Leather pull tab on main chest zipper
Men’s Lite Down Hoodie
– Available in grey five, black and raw green color options.
– Lightweight and packable construction
– High neck
– Long sleeves
– Regular fit with wider body and straight silhouette
– Lined interior
– 100% Polyester 100% REC Polyester materials
– 13.8oz (390 grams) weight
Men’s Terrex Swift R2 GTX Hiking Shoes
– Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX membrane
– Traxion outsole with Continental Rubber
– Speed lacing support
– Breathable and lightweight ripstop mesh upper
– TPU overlays for added support and enhanced durability
– Combi-lacing construction for snug/secure fit and closure
– Lace Bungee stow to prevent laces from tanging
– Hook eyelets
– Protective molded TPU toe cap
– 14.6-ounce weight (8oz per shoe)
– Available in core black and night cargo color options.
Men’s Terrex Tracefinder CH CP Winter Sports Shoe
– Woven upper featuring warm winter lining
– Windproof and waterproof Climaproof membrane for dry foot comfort
– Climaheat with Primaloft insulation traps in heat
– Advanced molded collar design to keep snow out
– Boost responsive cushioning manages energy input and output
– Snowshoe compatible
– Stealth rubber outsole
– 19.9 oz. (565 grams) weight
Carbon Men’s Outdoor Adidas Climawarm Jacket Review
With a highneck and long sleeves with inner cuffs, the men’s Climawarm jacket is a master at retaining body heat. For added warmth, the slip-in hand warmer pockets are a nice tough. An upper inner chest pocket makes carrying and accessing gear a fast and straightforward process.
An adjustable hem and adjustable hood offer the perfect body-hugging fit. To finish off the already great looking jacket, Adidas has added nice leather details such as the branded arm patch and leather pull tab on the main zipper.
Black Men’s Adidas Lite Down Hoodie Review
With a unique insulating pattern, the men’s lite down hoodie looks as cool as it functions. The lined interior is super smooth making it slid on and off the body a breeze. Best of all, it’s incredibly comfortable to wear thanks to its incredible heat retention and super lightweight feel.
I had a chance to throw this on under a GORE-TEX ski jacket shell, and it made for the perfect mid-layer option. With a slim profile and 390-gram weight, the Lite Down Hoodie offered plenty of natural body movement without getting in the way.
Black Men’s Adidas Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX Shoes Review
With speed-lacing support and lace bungee stows, the Adidas Men’s Terrex Swift R2 GTX Hiking shoes are built to keep moving forward while on the trail. Beyond the GORE-TEX membrane, where these men’s hiking shoes shine is their comfort. TPU overlays enhance support alongside durability, while the lightweight and breathable ripstop mesh upper ups the level of satisfaction.
After walking around with a pair of these, I felt the comfort of a running shoe with the traction of a purposely built hiking boot. With a lower height profile, these are the perfect option for I need something lightweight, responsive and yet still, plenty protective form the harsh outdoor elements.
Black Men’s Adidas Terrex Tracefinder CH CP High Performance Winter Hiking Boots Review
Just by looking at the interior of the men’s Adidas Terrex Tracefinder CH CP high-performance winter hiking boots you can tell they are extremely warm. With a super cozy interior lining and supportive insole, sliding a pair of these boots on my feet was a treat. Upon giving them a walk around, I noticed a unique feature called “boost responsive cushioning,” which manages the energy input and output.
To summarize how I felt about the function, comfort is the best word to describe it. Man, are these things comfortable!
While they are windproof and waterproof, I liked how Adidas incorporated a molded collar to keep ice out of the boots. Not to mention, the Stealth rubber outsole offered a ton of traction on rather slippery ground conditions. At just 19.9oz or 565 grams, these boots look heavier than they actually are. In reality, these boots are super lightweight!