Superstar songstress Lady Gaga (Steffani Germanotta) has always been unapologetic about being herself. Gaga has a legion of fans – her little Monsters – who love her for this inclusive attitude of free expression.
Many from Lady Gaga’s fanbase are part of the LGBTQI community, with her songs, social media, and attitude resonating strongly. Born This Way tattoo designs are one example of her impact on everyday lives.
Perhaps Lady Gaga’s most famous piece of body art, she sports a leg tattoo featuring a white unicorn’s head with a flowing blue and purple mane and a banner wrapped around the unicorn’s horn that says, “Born This Way.”
There are many other unicorn tattoos devoted to both Gaga and this simple message, while others echo album art and other aspects of the pop superstar’s message of diversity and inclusivity.
Read on for the top 65 best Born This Way tattoo design ideas and tribute body art.
1. Born This Way Arm Tattoos and Designs
2. Lady Gaga Themed Back Tattoos
3. Heavy Black Ink Body Art
4. Born This Way Chest Tattoos
5. Handwriting Born This Way Ink
6. Simple Born this Way Tattoo Ideas
7. Gaga Thigh Tribute Tattoos
8. Unicorn Body Art
9. Black and Gray Tattoos
10. Color and Watercolor Born This Way Ink
Born This Way Tattoo FAQs
What does a Born This Way tattoo symbolize?
Lady Gaga’s Born This Way tattoo is her way of honoring her legion of fans and commemorating her most famous album. For her fans, it’s a tribute to the songstress and being true to express yourself for who you are.
Born This Way is also a powerful message for the LGBTQI community and the idea that to be gay, queer or non- binary is more than okay, that it is your right to express yourself freely and proudly. Being born this way is nothing to be ashamed of but should be celebrated.
Where did Born This Way unicorn tattoos come from?
Gaga got her Born This Way tattoo unicorn tattoo before the single and albums were released in 2011. The design itself is a simple American traditional classic melding script and American traditional bold lines.
Since then the banner unicorn motif has become synonymous with Lady Gaga tattoo tribute art.
What are the most popular Lady Gaga inspired tattoos?
Most Lady Gaga tribute tattoos are reflections of her own extensive collection of body art. The most utilized motifs are:
- The Born This Way album script
- The Born This Way unicorn
- The term Little Monsters that she uses to describe her fans, and she is Mother Monster
- A clawed hand in lace, with sharp nails
- Artpop, another one of Lady Gaga’s popular albums
- David Bowie. Gaga has a brilliant David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust single needle tattoo idea etched by tattoo artist Mark Mahoney
Did you enjoy these Born This Way Lady Gaga’s tattoo tribute designs? Click on the links below for more awesome tattoo galleries that will help you choose your next tattoo: