Top 75 Best Delicate Flower Tattoo Ideas – [2020 Inspiration Guide]
Delicate flower tattoos are a dominant subject choice and are increasingly versatile in style, application and placement.
Modern body art displays all the variations of flowers, their stunning styles, colors, shapes and symbolic meanings.
Thanks to enhanced technical innovation in color ink and tattoo machines, plus the creativity of contemporary artists, delicate designs can be placed practically anywhere and can be as close to nature’s realism as possible
With all sorts of different blooms available to help in creating your inspirational tattoo design, each flower can be a distinctive flower of beautiful significance.
Read on for our selection of top 75 delicate flower tattoo ideas that can help you decide on your new tattoo, while at the end of the gallery you’ll find useful information on symbolic flower tattoo meanings.
See more about - The Ultimate 150+ Best Flower Tattoo Ideas
1. Delicate Flower Tattoo Ideas for the Ankle
2. Delicate Flower Tattoos for the Back
3. Delicate Flower Finger Tattoo Art
4. Delicate Forearm Flower Tattoo Ideas
5. Hip and Thigh Tattoos with Delicate Flower Designs
6. Delicate Flower Tattoo Ideas for the Rib
7. Delicate Shoulder Tattoos featuring Flowers
8. Delicate Upper Arm Flower Tattoos
9. Delicate Flower Tattoos for the Wrist
Popular Delicate Flowers and their Meaning
Just about any flower can be utilized in small and delicate tattoos, however the most popular include:
- The rose is a symbol adorned eternal love, passion, romance and sexuality
- Lotus flowers have ties to the Hindu religion as “Padma”. It’s eight petals represent purity, though some associate them with enlightenment through knowledge and a deep understanding for life.
- Cherry blossoms, also known as Sakura, are a take on Japanese style and culture. The plant itself has a brief bloom, with delicate flowers often etched in pink or white
- A peony symbolizes healing and protection and is popular within a variety of different tattoo styles
- The daffodil flower is most often a symbol of rebirth and regeneration, optimism, love, vitality, friendship, and positivity
- The chrysanthemum is often associated with Japanese and Chinese style tattoos to signify cheerfulness, simplicity, and fulfillment
- Lavender is associated with purity, devotion, and serenity. Due to the purple color of lavender flowers it’s also linked to royalty, particularly in Europe
- Jasmine is popular because the sweet smell of the flower is associated with feelings of sensuality, intimacy, romance and love
- A daisy represents purity and innocence. In Scandinavian traditions, daisies represent childbirth, motherhood and spring
Delicate Flower Tattoo FAQs
With such a range of styles, applications, and colors on offer delicate flower tattoos are extremely versatile and can be incorporated into almost every position on the body.
The most popular areas for small flower designs include the inner forearm, the wrist, the outer bicep and shoulder blade.
Contemporary tattoo design has made visible ink increasingly popular, so you’ll find more delicate tattoos on the hands, fingers, neck, lower leg, and thigh/hip areas.
Delicate flower tattoos can range from the shop minimum of $50-$80 for the smallest minimal designs – two square inches or less of pure linework – to around $200 for an hour for more complex work from an established professional.
You’ll also find that more complex and detailed designs may cost four or five times as much as a comparably sized tattoo done in a different style, and color body art generally costs more than black and gray.
Highly skilled, in demand artists – often with long wait times – can charge up to $500 per hour, while apprentices and less skilled artists are as little as $75.00 per hour.
Remember when getting inked to have a firm idea of what your new tattoo will cost prior to sitting down for your tattoo appointment and set aside 15-20% extra to tip your tattoo artist for their work.
Yes, however traditional stereotypes for women’s ink is changing at a significant clip and delicate flowers are now much different
One thing you’ll find with a lot of delicate flower tattoos for women is the increased range of placements and the degree of precision in application technique and theme.
With the increase in wider societal acceptance more examples of sleeve tattoos, and those on the forearms are proving popular for women looking towards more detailed designs.