The Complete Men’s Fall Grooming Essentials – Back to School with MANSCAPED™
Well, it’s here: back to school is certainly upon us. The coffee shop is jammed with parents seeking an ounce of freedom back in their schedules and the morning commute is jammed with big yellow buses stopping short throughout the neighborhood.
Despite being free from the school calendar year for a while now, my body is still naturally inclined to tap into some deep-rooted nervousness from childhood memories of desperately wanting summer to continue forever.
As an adult, I’ve made an effort to channel those nerves into something more constructive, not unlike the way you might plan a reset around the start of the new year in January. Summertime fun is always non-negotiable for me. I always work my schedule around allowing for a little extra autonomy in the hotter months for swimming with my dog, traveling to see friends, and hosting evening barbecues on the loading dock of my building.
Fall feels like a natural reset in the year, both a time when the world around me falls back into a regiment and when I ramp up for the busier months of fall and winter. And if we’re being honest, New Year’s resolutions never really pan out as we’d like them to anyway.
On a total aside but in the same vein, summertime also comes with a relaxed sense of appearance. High temps make most of my closet obsolete from May to September or so, and calculated outfits are swapped out for goofy tanks and ripped shorts. I try to not let hygiene slip too far, but there are definitely weeks when dips into pools and lakes take the place of showers and my regular grooming routine.
Thankfully, the natural reset comes as the temperatures dip and we find ourselves stalling out behind those big yellow buses. MANSCAPED™, a tried-and-true favorite around here, comes in clutch this time of year by removing the thought it takes to get back into the personal care routine that keeps us looking our best.
The Platinum Package 4.0 covers all the bases in one box, including a handful of steps that would likely fall off the wayside if we had to build the routine ourselves. Read on for a few can’t-forget tips to make sure you’re looking your best this fall, whether you’re heading back to school or not!
Keep It Clean All Over
Let’s start with the straightforward basics of the way that MANSCAPED has taken care of us since its inception. We’ll say it with no frills: grooming doesn’t stop at the neckline, boys.
While they’ve expanded offerings to make for a full-blown grooming experience, MANSCAPED made a name for themselves perfecting the game below the belt. The Platinum Package 4.0 includes The Lawn Mower® 4.0 (among the other men’s fall grooming essentials), MANSCAPED’s premium engineered electric trimmer designed especially for keeping your balls happy. While in most cases this step of keeping yourself well-groomed is for your own comfort versus for the way the world sees you, those who know will confirm that the extra step contributes to an all-over feeling of well-being.
I’ve been using The Lawn Mower 4.0 for the better part of a year now and I don’t see myself ever going to another razor. Some of my favorite features that they’ve built in include:
- The built-in LED light! This is a feature I never would have thought of on my own, but will also never go without it again. Especially in, ahem, darker places. You wouldn’t do a deep sea rescue without a spotlight on your helicopter, right? Maybe that’s a stretch of a metaphor, but you’ll see what I mean when you try it for yourself.
- Safety first, as always. Ceramic blades and SkinSafe™ technology help to keep the crown jewels safe.
- Easy, easy, easy! MANSCAPED has really perfected the user experience in the fourth iteration – ready to go out of the box, it comes with a simple wall charger to keep you going on the go. This one certainly doesn’t take much to figure out.
- The design leaves nothing to be desired – portable, sleek, and even pocket-sized if you are THAT committed. Discreet branding adds a level of embellishment.
Don’t tell anyone I’m a mid-shave switcher, but I CAN confirm that The Lawn Mower 4.0 is my top choice for trimming down the mustache, too. Don’t hate.
Don’t Forget the Details
Alright, we’ll get deeper into the details, but stay above the neckline now. Part of The Platinum Package 4.0 that requires a little extra discipline in your routine is using the Weed Whacker®, MANSCAPED’s ear, and nose hair trimmer. This is a hot topic here, and it feels like you are either a nose hair trimmer or you aren’t.
I, admittedly, am a proud nose hair trimmer. I see it just like dirty eyeglasses: it’s not just what you see out of, it’s what everyone else sees into. While there’s often no need to go full-blown slash and burn up your nose or in your ears, a little trim goes a long way to improve your immediate appearance.
The Weed Whacker is tricked out to make this process quick and painless by utilizing a 360-degree rotary dual blade system, the light trimmer reduces the risk of snagging or pulling and makes what can be an unpleasant process way easier and quicker than you could ever pull off with tweezers (and with way less sneezing).
Use the Good Stuff, Not the Cheap Stuff
Regardless of how good your grooming tools are, they’re only as good as the products you’re pairing them with. Depending on your needs and what makes you feel your best, finding a selection of body care products that make sense for you and your consumer values can be an arduous task for even the most expert groomer.
As a general rule of thumb, I always try to look for quality first, even if the price tag reflects that more than your $1 bottle of 13-in-one from the bottom shelf of the discount store.
Again, the fourth generation of The Platinum Package 4.0 with its complete fall grooming essentials, really comes through by removing the need to read the backs of bottles in the body care aisle of the big box store to make sure that your choices all go together and do what you want them to. It’s all right here and ready to go.
In The Platinum Package 4.0, you’ll find a handful of my favorite products on the market. Some of the stand-out winners include:
- UltraPremium Body Wash and UltraPremium 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner – whoever told you that two-in-one isn’t the way to go is wrong! Okay, 13-in-one is definitely pushing it, but we are undoubtedly here for efficiency. Along with the body wash, these two sleek bottles stand out in your shower as well as in your routine. Using MANSCAPED’s™ signature fragrance, you’ll step out from behind the curtain fresh and ready for the rest of your routine and the start of your day
- UltraPremium Deodorant – if you’re like me, you feel like you’ve tried almost every kind of deodorant out there. I’m looking for three things out of my chosen deodorant: a hard worker, a crowd-pleasing smell, and a pleasant application. MANSCAPED is three for three.
- Crop Preserver® ball deodorant and Crop Reviver® ball toner – okay, hear me out on this one: before trying both of these products, I’m not sure I would have known what to think. You definitely don’t know what you are missing until you try them. Similar to your traditional deodorant, the Crop products have a similar effect on an area of your body that you wouldn’t normally experience that sensation with. I’ll tell you this – working through a busy day with a little extra help to stay dry down there is a luxury I won’t go without anymore.
On the topic of dryness – MANSCAPED throws in a few extra goodies into The Platinum Package, including a pair of their specially designed boxers and signature Dopp kit to keep it all together. Now that’s a win on every front if you ask me.
All this being said, the back-to-school energy that permeates through the world at this time of the year can bring some serious anxiety into play. There’s no need to get anxious about looking and feeling your best, though. We’ve definitely learned over time that MANSCAPED always has us covered. You can grab The Platinum Package 4.0 through our special link with a sweet discount and be on the path for a tightly groomed fall yourself. Happy trimming!