Carhartt Men’s Full Swing FR Jacket, Work Boot, Knee Pads And Zip-To-Thigh Bib Review
Cold-hammer forged from the industrial era of the late 1880s, Carhartt would become an American household name.
Hamilton Carhartt would design and produce workwear that people needed and loved.
Purpose built, long lasting, hard wearing clothing for excellent value is what Carhartt is known for through to current day. Throughout history, Carhartt would play a role in military uniform production as well as women’s clothing for wartime production.
The ability of a company to endure difficult times and hardship are often a testament to its resolve and authenticity. Throughout history thus far, Carhartt has endured. Much like their iconic Carhartt Chore Coat the company has stuck around and lasted.
From the oil lines in Alaska to the hip-hop studios around the world, Carhartt would find itself there. Over time the brand would gain widespread fame and admiration by those who wore their goods. As demand grew for their products, Carhartt wouldn’t rest on its laurels. Product innovation and expansion would propel the company into the future.
Employing over 2,000 American workers, Carhartt remains true to the people of its homeland. With a global reach, the company now distributes globally and employs many internationally.
Carhartt products are some of our favorite hard-wearing clothing, and we had the chance to take a few of their latest pieces to the field. We were really impressed with the feel, quality, durability, and overall performance. If you have a use for this type of clothing or want some that will last, look no further for a classic American style and work staple.
Full Swing Quick Duck Flame-Resistant Lanyard Access Jacket
– Available in Carhartt Brown and Dark Navy
– Water-repellent, flame-resistant duck
– Back and elbow stretch panels for an exceptional range of motion
– Back opening for attaching safety harness with flap
– 8.5 oz., 88% cotton and 12% nylon FR Quick Duck canvas
– 150 gram 3M Thinsulate Platinum FR Insulation
– Meets NFPA 70E requirements; UL classified to NFPA 2112
– Quick Duck as durable as legendary sandstone duck yet, significantly lighter (30%)
– Full Swing built broken-in for maximum natural movement
– Arms move free without causing the jacket to ride up
– Triple-stitched main seams for longevity
– Rain Defender durable water repellent (DWR) treatment
– Hook and loop adjustable cuffs fit under work gloves
– Stand-up collar with hidden snaps for optional hood
– Brass front zip with Nomex FR zip tape
– Inner/outer electric-arc protection flaps
– FR and NFPA 2112 / CAT 3 labels sewn on side seam
– Left-chest zippered pocket
– Double lower front pockets
– Left sleeve pocket
– Double inner FR hook and loop pockets
– 29.5” large regular back length, 31.5” large tall.
Made in the USA 8-Inch Composite Toe Work Boot
– Brown oil-tanned leather up
– Lace closure
– Storm Defender waterproof breathable membrane
– FastDry lining wicks away sweat and prevents odors
– Protective composite toe meets ASTM 2413-17 standards
– American flag lace keeper detail
– Direct-attached polyurethane outsole
– Meet ASTM 2413-17 electrical hazard stands
– Protection against contact with electrical circuits of 18,000 volts or less under dry conditions
– Made in the USA of imported parts
– Comfort, protection, and convenience in one package
– Thin, lightweight and long-lasting construction
– Handles 50 plus wash and dry cycles without needing to be removed
– XRD protection
– Men’s double-front pants and bibs compatible
– Small (28” – 30” waist), Medium (32” – 36” waist), Large (38” waist and up)
Zip-To-Thigh Bib Overall Quilted Lined
– Heavyweight bib
– Knee pad compatible
– Available in Carhartt Brown, black and navy colors
– 12-oz firm-hand100% ringspun cotton duck canvas construction
– Smooth quilted lining from the waist down for easy on/off
– Ventilated ankle-to-thigh leg zips with storm flaps
– Polyester insulation at waist for midweight warmth
– Triple-stitched main seams
– Metal rivets at stress points
– Adjustable elastic suspenders
– Two large front pockets
– Two reinforced back pockets
– Zip closure multi-compartment bib pocket
– Reinforced Cordura back-leg kick panels
Men’s Carhartt Full Swing Quick Duck Flame-Resistant Lanyard Access Jacket Review
If you’ve seen one jacket, you’ve seen them all. Not quite. Let me tell you about the Full Swing Quick Duck Flame-Resistant Lanyard Access Jacket for men. For those not familiar, duck is a heavy plain woven fabric that is lightweight but sturdy.
This is what the Full Swing jacket is made of. It will protect you from rain, fire, and electricity. It will also keep you warm in cold weather. The zipper goes all the way to the top to keep that cold wind out. The collar on the Full Swing is a stand up with hidden snaps for attaching a hood if needed. All the seams are triple stitched for extra strength.
Wearing this jacket will definitely equip you for any tough job you are facing. No need to worry about rips or tears as you more as this jacket has stretch panels on the elbows and back. The Full Swing jacket is also insulated and comes with an opening in the back for attaching a safety harness. There are also plenty of pockets and adjustments for convenience.
Whether you are working inside or outside, you may need to wear work gloves. The Full Swing comes with hook and loop cuffs that are adjustable for a tight fit under your gloves. Size is no problem with the Full Swing.
Even if you are a full figured guy, you will still be able to get a jacket that allows you to move freely and easily. If you do need to add extra clothing under your jacket you can do so with this jacket because it is roomy enough for layering. No doubt about it, you can’t beat the Full Swing Quick Duck Flame-Resistant Lanyard Access Jacket for quality and performance.
Men’s Carhartt Made in the USA 8-Inch Composite Toe Work Boot Review
The daily grind can wreak havoc with our feet just like the rest of our body.
That’s why it’s important to have the right boot for the right situation. That’s why you need the 8-Inch Composite Toe Work Boot. Made in America, this boot comes with an American flag lace keeper on each boot. A covering layer called Storm Defender is waterproof allowing your feet to breath and stay dry. The boots also have Fast Dry lining wicks which help fight sweat and odors.
There’s nothing worse than smelly feet with 8 hours of workday left. Extra comfort comes from the polyurethane cushion insoles that give your feet all day support and comfort. If you are working in a hazardous area, you will be grateful for the composite toe which will keep you protected from impact injuries. This is important if you have a habit of dropping heavy objects on your toes.
You will be protected working around electricity with this boot’s secondary protection against contact with 18,000 volts or less of electrical circuits. Manufacturing jobs tend to come with long hours on your feet. This work boot is definitely up for the challenge and long haul. If you happen to be working on a construction site, the tough outsole grips with confidence over uneven terrain and mixed surfaces. Because these boots are 8 inches high, your feet will be well protected from rain, snow, hail or whatever is falling from the sky.
There is nothing worse than having to work outside with wet feet, especially if it’s cold. Brown is the only color this boot comes in, but there are a variety of sizes. You will be sure to find the right fit for you. Because the 8-Inch Composite Toe Work Boot is so well made, it is great to wear all year round.
Carhartt Knee Pads Review
Does your job have you on your knees? Have your knees been begging for relief?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, then read on to learn about Carhartt’s knee pads for men. There are a lot of jobs that require knee action i.e., landscaping and floor installation. Whatever the job is, you need the right knee pads.
When I first saw the Carhartt knee pads, my first thought was, “what is this odd shaped object?” But after further study, I came to realize the shape has a lot to do with the comfort and protection for your knees. Carhartt knee pads look different because they are different. They are built to be thin and lightweight as well as long-lasting. They are constructed to maintain 95% of its thickness and performance for a lot of wears. They are designed to be compatible with men’s double-front pants and bibs.
Once you have inserted your knee pads into your work pants, they can stay in all day. The Carhartt knee pads are easy to wear because you have comfort with the bulk of traditional knee pads. The durability of these knee pads allows you to wash them at least 50 wash cycles before they wear out. There is no need to remove the knee pads before washing.
Installing the knee pads is very simple. Just follow these steps.
– Best if inserted before putting on your pants
– Insert the widest part of the knee pad first
– Face the black side out and the yellow side toward your knee with the notched end down
– Slide into the bottom opening of your double-front or top-loading knee pad pocket
-Adjust to ensure the knee pad lays flat against your legs
The Carhartt knee pads come in three sizes and are based on your waist size. Small fits waist size 28”-30”; medium fists waist size32”-36”; and large fits waist size 38” and up. If you feel your knees have suffered enough abuse, then get a pair of Carhartt knee pads. They won’t lighten your workload but your knees will love you again.
Men’s Carhartt Zip-To-Thigh Bib Overall Quilted Lined Review
If you are a hard-working man, you need the right clothing to help you get the job done.
That is especially true if you are working outside in not so nice weather. You need Carhartt’s Duck Zip-to-Thigh Bib Overall with quilt lining. These overall are knee pad compatible. The Carhartt bib overalls are heavyweight with leg zips with a warm lining and double front. No matter the weather, these bib overalls can withstand whatever is thrown at them. They are made with tough canvas firm-hand duck material. Their ankle-to-thigh leg zips make for quick ventilation. From the waist down there is a smooth quilted lining.
Triple-stitched seams add to their durability. You have two large pockets in the front and two back pockets that are reinforced. The knees on the Carhartt bib overalls are double layered with openings for adding knee pads and clearing out debris. And bib overalls would not be bib overalls without adjustable suspenders. Because of the durability of these bib overalls, they will last a few years before needing to be replaced. These overalls give you a lot of freedom to move while keeping you warm and dry even in the coldest of temperatures.
No matter what kind of work you are doing, they will hold up to everything you throw at them. Winter can be relentless and brutal, but Carhartt bib overalls will keep you warm and protected because of their superior quality. If you need durability in your outdoor work attire, then you want to invest in Carhartt bib overalls. Working on your knees in cold weather is especially no problem because your bib overalls are designed for knee pad insertion. So feel free to get down and work (or play) in the snow.
These bib overalls come in brown and black with a variety of sizes. So armed with your Carhartt bib overalls, you can now laugh in the face of winter. Just not too loud.