The unmatched intricacy of the Celtic dragon tattoo has deep connections to Celtic folklore and symbolic meaning. These fierce beasts are a masculine addition to your collection of body art.
Dragon tattoos incorporate a certain sense of fearlessness into your style.
These majestic mystical creatures usually are illustrated in thick, black ink lines and depict a fearsome dragon with horns, sharp fangs, and a long snake-like tongue. The creature is usually twisted into a variation of the Celtic knot to exhibit exactly where the tradition originated from. Because of this twisted and intertwined body along with its striking similarities to a snake, the dragon is often associated with evil and fire.
The Celtic dragon is meant to symbolize courage and great power despite these negative connotations. Today many proudly show off the tattoo simply as a homage to their ancestry and heritage. In Celtic society these demonic appearing dragons were once thought to be able to predict the future and have magical healing powers.
Enjoy our compiled list of various Celtic dragon tattoos and the incredible history that has been passed down through folklore for countless generations.
1. Forearm Celtic Dragon Tattoos
2. Arm Celtic Dragon Tattoos
3. Sleeve Celtic Dragon Tattoos
4. Chest Celtic Dragon Tattoos
5. Back Celtic Dragon Tattoos
6. Side Celtic Dragon Tattoos
7. Rib Celtic Dragon Tattoos
8. Leg Celtic Dragon Tattoos
9. Thigh Celtic Dragon Tattoos
10. Shoulder Celtic Dragon Tattoos
11. 3D Celtic Dragon Tattoos
12. Dotwork Celtic Dragon Tattoos
13. Celtic Celtic Dragon Tattoos
14. More Celtic Dragon Tattoo Ideas