While fish tattoos are incredibly common, especially the majestic Japanese koi or the ubiquitous dolphin, the fish skeleton is a more mysterious design. The delicacy of fish bones and their wholly alien shape speaks volumes about their otherworldly appeal.
Unlike a traditional fish tattoo, which carries connotations of freedom and luck or ambition in some cultures, a fish skeleton is usually more personal.
A simplistic design with head and tail intact is often seen as playful, but with a darker, harsher edge.
The type of fish represented is also important. An intricately detailed seahorse skeleton looks elegant and refined, while a stylized standard fish shape is more overtly masculine by nature. They are both inherently striking, but say vastly different things about the bearer.
There is also a slightly religious or spiritual aspect of a fish skeleton tattoo. It can directly reference the biblical parable of the loaves and fishes and symbolize resourcefulness as well as an unerring faith in being provided for.
Then again, a fish skeleton can be a constant reminder of how not to take things for granted. Though it may look used, fish skeletons are actually quite useful in fishing and creating rich composting. In this way, those who wish to have a permanent representation of the ongoing cycle of life will find a meaningful design here in this gallery.
1. Forearm Fish Skeleton Tattoos
2. Bicep Fish Skeleton Tattoos
3. Arm Fish Skeleton Tattoos
4. Sleeve Fish Skeleton Tattoos
5. Chest Fish Skeleton Tattoos
6. Calf Fish Skeleton Tattoos
7. Side Fish Skeleton Tattoos
8. Leg Fish Skeleton Tattoos
9. Shin Fish Skeleton Tattoos
10. Foot Fish Skeleton Tattoos
11. Finger Fish Skeleton Tattoos
12. Minimalist Fish Skeleton Tattoos
13. More Fish Skeleton Tattoo Ideas