Sign language is a crucial tool of communication for many, from the hearing impaired to the mute, as well as for their loved ones.
It’s estimated that over 130 varieties of sign language are used around the world, with the concept of a universal sign language somewhat outdated.
Many cultures implement sign language into their familial and daily lives in a number of different ways, making sign language itself as rich as any spoken-word language.
Sign language tattoos are an equally poignant way of communicating a deeply-felt message to the world. From sacred memorandums to inspired gestures of love, peace, hope, and triumph, a sign language tattoo can be worn where the world can see your silent message or, conversely, where only those closest to your flesh-and-blood heart can partake. Unlike spoken languages, sign language requires one to pay attention to every detail, to look closely at their partner in conversation and listen from a place few of us have ever had or would know how to tap into.
Sign language is a beautiful implement that is proof of man’s ultimate humanity and willingness to include all, and the man who wears a sign language tattoo understands that communication may come in all forms, but that only the very rare exceptions know how to truly listen.
1. Forearm Sign Language Tattoos
2. Bicep Sign Language Tattoos
3. Arm Sign Language Tattoos
4. Leg Sign Language Tattoos
5. Chest Sign Language Tattoos
6. Finger Sign Language Tattoos
7. Side Sign Language Tattoos
8. Shoulder Sign Language Tattoos
9. Calf Sign Language Tattoos
10. Back Sign Language Tattoos
11. Palm Sign Language Tattoos