Top 41 Best Simple Flower Tattoo Ideas – [2020 Inspiration Guide]
The bigger and more elaborate flower tattoo the better right? Not exactly.
By starting small and going with a simple flower design, you’ll slowly ease your way into body art or go with a comfortable design that suits your tattoo needs.
Simply executed smaller sized tattoos simple designs can look just as good as larger more detailed personal expressions.
There are countless design ideas to go with for symbolic and meaningful flower tattoos designs, and their smaller stature means they can be placed anywhere.
This collection of 41 simple tattoo designs demonstrate how simplicity and uncomplicated tattoos makes for great inspiration.
See more about - The Ultimate 150+ Best Flower Tattoo Ideas
See more about - Top 96+ Best Cool Simple Tattoos
1. Simple Flower Tattoos for the Leg and Ankle
2. Upper Arm Simple Flower Tattoo Ideas
3. Simple Flower Tattoos for the Back and Shoulder
4. Simple Flower Chest and Side Tattoo Designs
5. Simple Color Flower Tattoos
6. Simple Flower Ear Designs
7. Simple Flower Tattoos Ideas for the Forearm
8. Linework Simple Flowers
9. Simple Flower Wrist Tattoo Art
Simple Flower Tattoo FAQs
Simple tattoos can take as little as 5 minutes to an hour or more. For the very quick, very simple tattoos shops institute a shop minimum for time and effort.
Shop minimum prices can be $50-80 for some stores or as much as $150 for others.
Simple linework flowers cost the shop minimum or can be inked occasionally at special promotional prices.
More complex work can cost around $200 for an hour from a well-established, skilled professional for a simple flower tattoo.
Highly skilled, in demand artists and single needle specialists can charge up to $500 per hour, while apprentices and less experienced artists can cost as little as $75.00 per hour.
Most styles work for smaller tattoos, although the maxim bold will hold rings true for little designs.
Everything from heavy black ink stamp-like tattoos, through to realistic depictions or fun color and geometric ideas can be incorporated into beautiful body art.
In terms of placement, simple flower tattoos are extremely versatile and can be incorporated into many places.
Simple flower tattoos have followed the recent trends with collectors mixing up classic positions with more daring and visible areas of the body.
The most popular areas for small flower designs include:
- The inner forearm
- The wrist
- The upper chest and across the shoulder line
- The outer bicep
- Shoulder blade
- Lower leg just above the ankle
- Hands and fingers
- Ribs and side
- Behind the ear
Just about any flower can be utilized in simple tattoos, however the most popular include:
- The rose is a symbol adorned eternal love, passion, romance and sexuality
- Lotus flowers have ties to the Hindu religion as “Padma,” representing purity, though some associate them with enlightenment
- A Peony symbolizes healing and protection and is popular within a variety of different tattoo styles
- The daffodil flower is most often a symbol of rebirth and regeneration. Given its cultural ties to spring, other emotions and feelings likened to the daffodil flower include optimism, love, vitality, friendship, and positivity
- Lavender is associated with purity, devotion, and serenity. Due to the purple color of lavender flowers it’s also linked to royalty, particularly in Europe
- A daisy represents purity and innocence, and according to legend God would sprinkle daisies on the graves of infants that died. In Scandinavian traditions, daisies represent childbirth, motherhood and spring