60 Traditional Ship Tattoo Designs For Men – Nautical Ink Ideas
The ship is a highly popular tattoo amongst both younger and older crowds these days. Although, in the old days, any form of a nautical tattoo was associated with fishermen or those serving on a ship in the navy.
Today, the ship is traditionally worn by men, though it is certainly not considered a mainstream design any longer.
Many ship tattoos will include other nautical themes alongside the ship itself, including pirates, swords, anchors, stars, or a compass. All of these tend to have the same meaning.
What is that meaning? Well, the ship tends to mean a journey or a path through life. Some view the ship as freedom, though. The chance to explore the world and go where one wants to. Most nautical themed tattoos have the same meaning behind them, except for the anchor, which commonly means standing strong or steadfast against any opposition.
Of course, the ship tattoo comes in a variety of forms, from the old sail ships to the battleships of the present. Some even take a unique twist on the traditional tattoo design by including a kraken coming up from underneath the ship itself. It is a tattoo, after all, so have fun with it.
1. Forearm Traditional Ship Tattoos
2. Bicep Traditional Ship Tattoos
3. Arm Traditional Ship Tattoos
4. Sleeve Traditional Ship Tattoos
5. Wrist Traditional Ship Tattoos
6. Chest Traditional Ship Tattoos
7. Back Traditional Ship Tattoos
8. Side Traditional Ship Tattoos
9. Leg Traditional Ship Tattoos
10. Calf Traditional Ship Tattoos
11. Thigh Traditional Ship Tattoos
12. Hand Traditional Ship Tattoos