88 James Bond Trivia Questions for Spy Fans
“Bond. James Bond.” With those immortal words, Sean Connery gave life to British Secret Service agent James Bond, one of the most recognized characters in movie history. Bond has appeared in 25 movies, several commercials, James Bond trivia questions, and more merchandise than you can imagine. He is one of the few movie characters who are bigger than the actual movies he appears in and sits alongside Indiana Jones and Han Solo as one of the great film characters.
Created by author Ian Fleming, Bond is the central character in a series of hit spy novels written throughout the 50s and 60s. The MI6 agent became a cultural phenomenon in 1962 after producers Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman purchased the rights to the novels and released an adaptation of Dr. No, the first book in the series.
Since then there have been 25 Bond films with six different actors playing secret agent 007: Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig. The blockbuster movies are known for their crazy gadgets, sultry female co-stars, and over-the-top action scenes. While the Bond character has undergone changes over the years, with each actor creating a different version of Bond from the last, he remains an action icon adored by movie fans. But how much do you really know about Bond?
Put your knowledge to the test with these James Bond trivia questions. We’ve sat through all 25 movies and come up with a collection of quiz questions that will cause even the biggest Bond fans to think hard about the film franchise. So read on and see how much you know about Bond.
88 James Bond Trivia Questions for Spy Fans
1. Who wrote the James Bond novels?
2. What is James Bond’s codename?
3. Which actor played James Bond the most?
Roger Moore (seven appearances as 007).
4. Who inspired the name, James Bond?
An American Ornithologist Ian Fleming knew.
5. What nationality is James Bond?
6. In The Man with the Golden Gun, what is the name of the MI6 agent played by Britt Ekland?
7. What secret service agency does 007 work for?
He works for MI6 (Military Intelligence Section 6).
8. Who sang the theme song to View To a Kill?
9. George Lazenby portrayed James Bond in only one movie. Which one was it?
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
10. In Goldfinger, villain Auric Goldfinger captures 007 and attempts to kill him by using what weapon?
A laser beam.
11. What was Pierce Brosman’s first James Bond movie?
12. In From Russia with Love, what weapon does the villain Red Grant have concealed in his wristwatch?
A garroting wire.
13. What does the code number 007 refer to?
This number refers to the breaking of the World War I German diplomatic code.
14. Where is Bond sent in You Only Live Twice?
15. What initials are on the coffin at the beginning of Thunderball?
16. Who plays the main villain Le Chiffre in Casino Royale?
17. Who was the first actress to be a Bond Girl twice?
18. What is the theme song of the Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me and who sang it?
“Nobody Does It Better” by Carly Simon.
19. Which character, whose favorite weapon is a set of stainless steel teeth, appears in both The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker?
20. What is the name of the villain in The Man with the Golden Gun?
21. Who played James Bond in the 1967 spoof Casino Royale?
22. What is the first Bond film not based on a book?
The Spy Who Loved Me.
23. Which James Bond film first features Ernest Blofeld?
From Russia With Love.
24. Where does Fiona Volpe dance her last dance?
Kiss Kiss Club.
25. What is the name of Bond’s ancestral home?
The name of his home is Skyfall Lodge.
26. Which James Bond song was sung by Madonna?
“Die Another Day.”
27. What is the most featured James Bond car?
Aston Martin DB5.
28. How many times did Bernard Lee portray M in the official series?
29. Who created the James Bond theme?
30. Which Bond film was originally intended as a prequel before the idea was discarded?
The Living Daylights.
31. Who is Felix Leiter?
The CIA equivalent of James Bond.
32. Which drink does Bond drink “Shaken, not stirred?”
33. Who was the first actor to play Ernest Blofeld?
34. What is the motto of the Bond family’s coat of arms?
“Orbis Non Sufficit,” which means, “The World Is Not Enough.”
35. In which James Bond movie does Bond investigate the hijacking of an Avro Vulcan loaded with two atomic bombs?
36. What is the name of Bond’s daughter in No Time to Die?
37. Pierce Brosman’s first wife was a Bond Girl. Who was she?
38. What body part is Dr. No missing?
39. Who helps Bond at the craps table in Diamonds Are Forever?
40. What is Christmas Jones’ profession in The World is Not Enough?
41. Who performed the theme song for Live and Let Die?
Paul McCartney and the Wings.
42. What event does Bond track Dominic Greene to in Quantum of Solace?
43. Which James Bond actors are not British?
Pierce Brosman and George Lazenby.
44. What does S.P.E.C.T.R.E. stand for?
Special Executive for Counterintelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion.
45. Which actress was the only woman to play “M?”
46. What was the first James Bond movie to win two Oscars?
47. In Diamonds are Forever, what does Bond use to convince Tiffany Case of his assumed identity?
48. Which director has directed the most James Bond movies?
John Glen (five movies).
49. How does Bond recognize Wint and Kidd in Diamonds Are Forever?
50. In Goldfinger, how does OddJob die?
He is electrocuted.
51. Which James Bond movie is set in San Monique?
Live and Let Die.
52. In From Russia with Love, in which famous train do Bond and Ali Kerim Bey escape when they are in Turkey?
The Orient Escape.
53. What is the name of the vehicle Q issues 007 in You Only Live Twice?
54. In Goldeneye, Famke Janssen plays which villain with a powerful squeeze?
55. Which famous British author wrote the screenplay for You Only Live Twice?
56. How and when did James Bond’s parents die?
In a climbing accident when Bond was a child.
57. In The World is Not Enough, what does Bond use to tell him how many people are armed when he enters the casino?
58. Who are the two directors who have directed two James Bond movies each?
Martin Campbell and Sam Mendes.
59. Which Bond villain’s weapon of choice was a steel-rimmed hat?
60. Thunderball was released with an eponymous theme song sung by Tom Jones. However, the film was originally planned with a different song entitled “Mr. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang” sung by which artist?
61. What was the last James Bond novel written by Ian Fleming?
The Man With the Golden Gun.
62. Which Bond story was narrated from a woman’s point of view?
The Spy Who Loved Me.
63. How many Bond films did Daniel Craig star in?
64. What was Bond’s wife’s maiden name In On Her Majesty’s Secret Service?
65. How many Bond actors have been knighted by the Queen?
Two, Sean Connery and Roger Moore.
66. During which film does James Bond say; “Well, I’m afraid you’ve caught me with more than my hands up?”
Diamonds are Forever.
67. What is the name of Bond’s love interest in Casino Royale, played by Eva Green?
68. In the opening scene of Licence to Kill, which event is James Bond celebrating?
Felix and Dalla’s wedding.
69. What is Bond’s official title?
Commander, Royal Navy.
70. In which Bond film does the villain yell the classic line; “No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!”
71. What alias does Bond use in Spectre?
72. Who sang the theme song for the James Bond film, The Man With The Golden Gun?
73. Which Bond actor also starred in Highlander, The Untouchables, and The Rock?
74. What was the initial title of Licence to Kill?
75. Which Bond novel was first adapted as a movie?
76. How many Bond songs did Shirley Bassey sing and for what movies?
Three (Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, and Moonraker)
77. Which Bond villain did Christopher Lee play in The Man With the Golden Gun?
78. What were the names of Bond’s parents?
Andrew Bond and Monique Delacroix Bond.
79. Which of these is a real Bond film title; Never Say Never, Never Say Never Again, or Never Is Never Enough?
Never Say Never Again.
80. Who composed the soundtrack for the most James Bond movies?
John Barry (11).
81. What vehicle does Bond steal in GoldenEye to pursue Ourumov through the streets of St. Petersburg?
82. Which James Bond villain has diamonds embedded in his face?
83. Who are the five actors to have played Ernest Blofeld?
Donald Pleasence, Telly Savalas, Charles Gray, Max von Sydow, and Christoph Waltz.
84. What is the name of Milton Krest’s boat?
85. In The Living Daylights, what does Bond sled down the mountain on?
A cello case.
86. What card game does Bond play in Casino Royale?
Texas hold em’ poker.
87. Who played Major Boothroyd in the Bond movie Dr. No?
88. What was the original title of Tomorrow Never Dies?
Tomorrow Never Lies.
See more about - All 8 Actors Who Played James Bond