140 Hardest Questions To Answer
What are the hardest questions to answer? That in itself is a good question. What immediately springs to mind are questions about life, love, and death. Philosophical questions are some of the toughest questions as they force you to think deeply about life and what it is you want from your short time on earth. They also make you look at the type of person you are and how you can be better.
Interview questions can also be very difficult to answer. When a potential employer is asking you about your career goals or strengths and weakness during a job interview there is a lot of pressure to come up with the right answers. If the hiring manager is asking tough interview questions this makes the process that little bit more difficult.
This list of hard questions covers a wide range of topics and occasions from relationship questions to job questions and everything in between. While we can’t give you all the answers (that’s entirely on you), reading through these questions can at least prepare you for the moment someone does ask “where do you see yourself in five years” or “why haven’t you proposed to me yet?”
140 Hardest Questions To Answer
Hardest Questions To Answer About Life
Being alive is incredible. The world in which we live might be far from perfect but it is a wonderful place that brings joy to so many. It also throws up some interesting questions about why we are here and what is our purpose. Now if you know the answer to those questions, you’re one step ahead of us. While many of these questions about life don’t have a definitive answer, they will make you think more about how you live and spend your time. So smell the roses, watch the sunset, and do all the small things that make you happy. You only get one shot so make the most of it.
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. What determines a successful life?
3. Do you believe your life is predetermined?
4. How do you feel about where you are in life?
5. Where do thoughts come from?
6. How do you know you are not wasting your life?
7. What is your greatest success in life?
8. What is your greatest failure in life?
9. Do you believe in having regrets in life?
10. If your life was to end today, would you be happy with what you’ve achieved?
11. What do you value more in life, experiences or possessions?
12. Can you live a materialistic life and still feel fulfilled?
13. Are you envious of other people’s lives?
14. Are we making our lives harder or easier?
15. What advice would you give your younger self?
16. How do the worst moments in our lives make us who we are?
17. Why do some people succeed and others don’t?
18. Does the past really exist?
19. How do you explain consciousness?
20. Do we really see reality as it is?
21. Are you a body with a mind or a mind with a body?
22. Is the future yet to be written?
23. What is the ultimate truth?
24. Is life a simulation?
25. Are time and space the same thing?
26. Is anyone this real?
27. How important is money to having a successful life?
28. What brings you joy in life?
29. What brings you sorrow in life?
30. Would you sacrifice your life to save five other people’s lives?
31. What makes life complete?
32. Are you happy with where you are in life?
33. Are you living for the future or the past?
34. At what age should you know what you want to do with your life?
35. Can money buy you happiness?
36. Do you set goals in life and have you achieved any of them?
37. How has your life changed over the past five years and is it for better or worse?
38. Do you think there is an age where you should give up on fulfilling your dreams?
39. When you look back on your life and how you have evolved, what do you think is the best thing about you?
40. What truly scares you about life?
41. If the world truly is heading toward its inevitable demise, what’s the point?
42. Do you feel like you’ve lived this life before?
43. Would you live your life differently if there was no such thing as failure?
44. What are you most grateful for in life and why?
45. Are you in control of your life?
46. Who do you take life advice from and why?
47. What makes you truly happy?
48. Is life a game to be won?
49. Is it more important to be rich and famous or happy and content in life?
50. Do you think it’s possible to achieve the best version of yourself during your lifetime?
Hardest Questions To Answer About Death
Whether we like it or not, death is coming for us all. But it shouldn’t be looked at as a scary thing, although these questions might have you wondering what is coming when it all ends. Questions about death range from wondering if there is an afterlife to discussions about heaven and hell and which one you might be headed to.
51. What happens when you die?
52. Is death final?
53. Is there a heaven and a hell?
54. Should you fear death?
55. What do you think dying feels like?
56. Is reincarnation real?
57. Would you want to know the time and how you are going to die?
58 What will you miss if you die?
59. Is there anything worse than death?
60. What are you willing to die for?
61. What do you want to be remembered for when you die?
62. Is there an ideal way to die?
63. What does death teach you about life?
64. If you are not religious but god exists, do you think you will go to heaven or hell?
65. Can you ever be truly ready for death?
66. What do you think will matter most to you when on your deathbed?
67. Would you rather have more people at your funeral or your wedding?
68. What would others say about you when you die and what do you hope they say about you?
Hardest Questions To Answer About Love and Relationships
Everybody wants to be loved, but it’s not that simple. Love throws up so many different questions and scenarios. Everyone experiences love during their life, whether that’s the love of a family member, lover, or even a pet. Questions about love will make you question everything you know about yourself and those you love. Some are great to ask your partner and will reveal what they think about your relationship, while others will strengthen the bonds you have with friends and family.
69. Does love really exist?
70. What is love?
71. Can you fall in love with someone else when already in a relationship?
72. Is all fair in love and war?
73. How do you ever know if someone really loves you?
74. Can love last forever?
75. Does sex change a relationship?
76. Can love survive a cheating scandal?
77. Do opposites attract?
78. Can a man and a woman be platonic friends?
79. How do you know when to end a relationship or a friendship?
80. When it comes to your closest relationships, what do you struggle with the most?
81. Can you love someone more than they love you?
82. What constitutes a successful relationship in your eyes?
83. What behavior in a relationship makes you question whether you are in a good situation or not?
84. How do you cut out a toxic relationship in your life?
85. What’s love got to do with it if it’s only a secondhand emotion?
86. Do you believe in love at first sight or lust at first sight?
87. Can people change if they are in love, be that in a positive or negative way?
88. What’s worse an emotional affair or a physical one?
89. Can you give advice about love if you are single or have never been married?
90. Does the amount of people you or your partner have slept with matter?
91. Is fighting healthy in a relationship?
92. What are the biggest lessons you can take from a failed relationship?
Hardest Questions To Answer When At a Job Interview
These questions aren’t on the level of some of the more insightful and life-affirming questions as above, but they are still important. Nailing the questions you are asked in a job interview can be the difference between success and failure. Many of the questions listed below you will be asked during an interview, so they act as good preparation for the real thing.
93. Why should you get this job?
94. What are your greatest strengths?
95. What are your greatest weaknesses?
96. What makes you better than all the other candidates?
97. What skill or skills do you possess that makes you the right person for this job?
98. Why do you want to work for this company?
99. What do you think you can bring to the job that sets you apart from other candidates?
100. Why are you leaving your current job?
101. What are you most proud about in your work life?
102. Have you had to work under extreme pressure, and if so, how did you cope?
103. How do you deal with pressure and stress in the workplace?
104. What is it about this job that appeals to you?
105. Has there been a situation where you have had to be a leader, and if so, explain?
Hardest Random Questions To Answer
These are the questions that are a little harder to define or don’t come under the categories listed above. They cover a wide range of topics and subjects and are great conversation starters whether at a party or chatting with your partner.
106. Why do married folks begin to look like one another?
107. Do animals really have a sixth sense?
108. Everyone knows we’re all going to die someday, but if we all believed we wouldn’t, what effect would that have on the world?
109. Can you work a long-term job and hate it?
110. Is money the root of all evil?
111. If humanoid robots could convincingly show they feel pain, sadness, and joy, do you think they’d actually be feeling these things or just giving the illusion of it?
112. Do you the retirement age is correct or should it be changed and why?
113. Are you making a difference in the world, and if so, how?
114. Are our memories real or just dreams?
115. Is it better to have a smaller government with more possibility of people taking advantage of each other for wealth, power, and desire, or is it better to have a bigger government but have fewer freedoms and control over your life?
116. Do you think stress is real and if so, how can you stop it from impacting you?
117. Are you too hard on yourself?
118. Do you judge other people unfairly?
119. What five words would you use to describe yourself?
120. Can there be any ethical means of consumption under capitalism?
121. What was the last thing you did outside of your comfort zone and how did that make you feel?
122. Do people really ever change or do leopards never change their spots?
123. Is it possible to forgive and forget, no matter how bad things got?
124. Are you born with a special talent or is it something you learn and acquire over a number of years?
125. Is time real or just a construct?
126. If someone were to follow you around for a week, would your values and priorities be obvious to them? Would they match the ones you identify for yourself?
127. Do you think abortion should be legal?
128. If you only had the sense of touch and had no other sense, what would your life be like?
129. Can we ever know if what we’re experiencing is actually real?
130. Has technology had a better or worse impact on humanity?
131. If you could erase your bad memories like in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, would you do so, or is it better to have the bad memories so you don’t repeat the same mistakes again?
132. If you could only save one of your parents from a fire, which would you save?
133. If the Big Bang created the universe, what created the Big Bang?
134. What does it mean to have freedom? Do laws and rules create restrictions or greater freedom?
135. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
136. Do you believe in god or a higher power?
137. Is the lesser of two evils actually morally right? How can it be if it’s still “evil?”
138. Someone has committed a violent crime, and you are the judge; you only have two choices, execute them or set them free – which do you choose?
139. What’s your irrational fear and do you think you will ever be able to overcome it?
140. If machines took control, do you think it would benefit society or would they kill us all?
See more about - 130 Thought Provoking Questions That Will Get You Thinking