43 Flower Shoulder Tattoo Ideas
Flower tattoos etched on the shoulder are increasingly innovative from a technical and style standpoint.
The shoulder is becoming a more frequent standalone flower tattoo placement, when previously this part of the body was a transit area for designs – a link point for chest and upper arm tattoos.
Creative tattoo artists are now better able to incorporate a range of flowers into the shoulder area, often using the flow of muscle and bone under skin to help accentuate the technical choice of body art.
The following collection of top 43 flower shoulder tattoos demonstrate the possibilities within the shoulder area that you can use for your next tattoo piece.
See more about - The Ultimate 150+ Best Flower Tattoo Ideas
1. Black and Gray Flower Shoulder Tattoos
2. Colorful Flower Shoulder Designs
3. Technical Flower Shoulder Tattoo Ideas
4. Delicate Flower Tattoos for the Shoulder
5. Hibiscus Tattoo Ideas for the Shoulder
6. Peony Flower Tattoos for the Shoulder
7. Realistic Flower Shoulder Tattoos
8. Rose Tattoos for the Shoulder
9. Sunflower Shoulder Ink
Flower Shoulder Tattoo FAQs
A selection of the most popular flower tattoo inspiration for men includes:
- Roses. The rose is a symbol adorned for powerful men – soldiers, sailors, even athletes, wear rose tattoo for immortal love, passion, romance and sexuality. In Tarot, the playing cards of the 15th century, it symbolizes hope and new beginnings.
- Lotus flower. The lotus which has ties to the Hindu religion as “Padma”. It’s eight petals represent purity, though some associate them with enlightenment through knowledge and a deep understanding for life. You’ll notice most designs feature different colors including white, blue, purple, pink, and red to fulfill a different purpose
- Cherry blossoms. Also known as Sakura the cherry blossom is a take on a Japanese style and culture. They are referred to as “Mono no aware”. The plant itself has a brief bloom, with delicate flowers that are carried along by the wind before touching the ground
- Chrysanthemum. The Chrysanthemum flower that is often associated with Japanese style too. It signifies cheerfulness, simplicity, and fulfillment. However, it also plays a role in Chinese culture and is given during times of congratulations and best wishes
- Poppies. After WWI, the disturbed soil of battlefields and trenches across northern France and Belgium could be seen growing wild with poppy flowers. As they sprang up so do a new meaning; poppy flowers would become a symbol to commemorate the fallen.
Outside of the edge of the shoulder blade and nestled close to the collarbone shoulder tattoos lie in the low range of the tattoo pain scale.
The collar and point of the blade can hurt when ‘nicked’ accidently, like when you’ve jarred your funny bone but without the enjoyment (for some).
The flat part of the shoulder blade is often the site of first tattoo designs, as it’s a simple, reasonably pain free space that can cover or display a tattoo in different situations.
Shoulder tattoo are generally straightforward for healing, although for women it is important to make sure that the friction of a bra or tank top strap doesn’t cause too much pain or rubbing against the artwork.
A simple flower shoulder tattoo or shoulder blade tattoo etched in black and gray can be done for as little as $150-$200USD for an experienced tattoo artist.
A good-sized single needle rose shoulder tattoo or a larger piece incorporating the shoulder cap, upper bicep, and chest may cost in the range of $1000USD.
$150 per hour is standard for an experienced professional, while the best artists charge well north of $250 per hour.
Also, be advised that a 15-20% tip is expected for good work across most tattoo shop set ups in the USA.