The Top 27 Nurse Tattoo Ideas – [2022 Inspiration Guide]
Nurse tattoo ideas are a growing niche sector of body art design concepts and a means of self-expression and solidarity for those in the healthcare sector.
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has continued to highlight the plight of frontline health workers, with nurses at the forefront. Many tattoo designs showcase the strength and determination of nurses, who often work long hours in extremely trying conditions.
Their tattoos are a way for nurses to show pride in their occupation or allow people whose lives have been saved (or changed positively) by nurses to demonstrate their permanent thanks.
The following top 27 nurse tattoo ideas depict a range of different styles and application techniques that may provide you with the perfect inspiration for a nurse tattoo of your own.
1. Nurse Tattoo Ideas for the Arm
2. Cadeceus Tattoo Designs
3. Nurse’s Cap Tattoo Art
4. Cute Nurse Tattoo Ideas
5. Neo-Traditional Nurse Tattoo Designs
6. Nurse Tattoo Ideas With an EKG
7. Nurse Tattoos Featuring a Stethoscope
9. American Traditional Style Nurse Tattoo Ideas
See more about - ”The
Nurse Tattoo FAQs
Nurse tattoo ideas are a growing style of occupational tattoos that are etched in a range of application styles.
Nurse tattoos almost always fall into one of two categories:
- They are occupational tattoos gotten by nurses to show pride in their occupation, or
- They are tattoos etched on people whose lives have been saved and/or changed by the influence of nurses on their life
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic and the role of frontline health workers have seen a rise in both types of nurse tattoo design.
Many tattoo designs showcase the strength, determination, and kindness of nurses, who often work long hours in extremely trying conditions.
Nurse tattoos apply a range of different themes. Some of the most recognizable nurse concepts include:
- Nurse’s caps
- Nurses in uniform
- Tattoos featuring nurse’s equipment such as stethoscopes, syringes, and blood pressure meters
- Tattoos with the Caduceus symbol, a symbol associated with healing and medicine
A nurse tattoo is open to individual expression and makes for great-looking art across many different styles.
Popular application choices include:
- American traditional and modern neo-traditional style
- Cute nurse tattoos that depict cartoon characters, pinups, or humorous characters
- Detailed realistic style tattoos
- Simple black ink or single color linework pieces
- Classical black and gray tattoo art incorporating different nurse themes
Always make sure that you’ve got a solid idea of the total tattoo price before sitting in the chair or making the booking with the artist of your choice.
A small black ink nurse’s cap tattoo can cost in the vicinity of $150-$200. A mid-sized American traditional piece can be around $300-$400 for 2-3 hours of work from an established professional.
As a popular, brightly colored tattoo choice, a neo-traditional nurse tattoo etched by a specialist may cost significantly more than a one-color piece, due to the materials involved and the time taken to create the finished product.