Top 71 Best Small Heart Tattoo Ideas – [2021 Inspiration Guide]
One of the most timeless tattoo design concepts, the heart most often represents love and affection. The heart in many variations is an enduring tattoo for small designs.
These days, the heart has expanded beyond expressions of love to incorporate loyalty, friendship, and courage, while a black heart is tied to grief and mourning.
No matter the placement or style of small tattoo you are looking for, there’s a worthy heart idea you can use as inspiration for your next tattoo.
See more about - The Top 51 Small Awesome Tattoo Ideas
See more about - The Top 103+ Best Heart Tattoo Ideas
1. Anatomical and Abstract Small Heart Tattoos
2. Heavy Black Ink Small Heart Tattoos
3. Colorful Small Heart Tattoos
4. Small Heart Hand and Finger Tattoo Ideas
5. Outline Tattoos featuring Small Heart Designs
6. Shoulder Small Heart Tattoos
7. Small Heart Wrist Tattoos
Small Heart Tattoo FAQs
What does a heart tattoo symbolize?
The most common emotion linked with heart tattoos is love however there is a wide variety of heart tattoo symbols with more complex significance.
Tattoo collectors often choose heart designs associated with courage, loyalty and friendship that they can incorporate into a wide range of design applications, from matching tattoos to small finger ink ideas.
What does a black heart tattoo symbolize?
Black heart tattoo usually symbolizes a lost love-whether family or romantic-as well as being a common symbol of grief and mourning.
What does an anatomical heart tattoo symbolize?
An anatomical heart may be considered to symbolize love or the very essence of life itself. While not the same as a simple two-dimensional heart, an anatomical heart goes one step beyond to depict true flesh and blood. They make for exceptional realism tattoos
They’re also extremely popular small tattoo designs because they can work cool line and effect applications into another small but simple ink idea.
How much do small heart tattoos cost?
Tattoo prices vary depending on several factors:
- Tattoo artists charge by the hour, usually starting around $50-80/hour for the shop minimum and going all the way up to over $300/hour for highly experienced, in demand artists in busy locations
- The size of the piece is the biggest determining factor for a heart tattoo. You’ll find a minimalist outline heart costs significantly less than an anatomical design in greater detail
- The amount of detail in your heart tattoo will also affect the price: as the intricacy of a design increases so does the cost
- Full color ink is usually more expensive than black work, however a minimal outline piece in a single color is quick and easy enough to full on the cheaper end of the pricing spectrum
Also, a good idea for those individuals unsure whether to go large or small when spending on a tattoo design can take a temporary tattoo test run. A temporary tattoo can be useful if you’re unsure about size, style, and placement of many types of design, and for a universal theme such as a small heart it can make sense to quell any doubts.
Did you enjoy these small heart tattoo ideas? Click on the links below for a range of heart ink designs from traditional through to realistic: