The Top 39 Best Vegan Tattoo Ideas – [2021 Inspiration Guide]
Vegan-related symbolic tattoos have increased along with society’s general acceptance of body art.
The world at large and tattooing moves along with it – even most tattoo ink is made cruelty-free and vegan friendly!
Individuals often mark their commitment to being vegan permanently on their skin, as a reminder, a statement, and an affirmation of the seriousness with which they treat a plant-based life.
Vegan tattoo ideas can take many forms, from the stylized V for vegan symbol to straight edge crossovers, animal-friendly designs, and even ironic depictions of “friends not food.”
Vegan tattoo art also takes different application styles, which include the riotous colors of neo-traditional tattoos right down to simple, yet no less righteous black ink and text-based designs.
The following collection of the top 39 best vegan tattoo ideas displays tremendous examples that you can consider when putting together your own vegan-inspired tattoo design.
1. Vegan Symbol Tattoo Ideas
2. Avocado Tattoo Designs
3. Cow Tattoo Ideas
4. Cute Vegan Tattoo Ideas
5. Black Ink Vegan Tattoo Designs
6. Straight Edge/Vegan Edge Crossover Tattoos
7. Neo-Traditional Vegan Tattoo Ideas
8. Text-Based Vegan Tattoo Ideas
9. Vegan Tattoo Art for the Wrist
Vegan Tattoo FAQs
Yes, it is now more likely than not that you can get a fully vegan tattoo, from the stencil ink to the tattoo ink itself, and even the aftercare products used to soothe the tattoo wound.
The tattoo industry is aware and understanding of the need for acceptance across a broad cross-section of society, so it makes sure to utilize best practices for as many people as possible.
Should your preferred tattoo shop not carry vegan-friendly equipment to do your piece, it’s generally a simple matter of organizing the correct ink in to do the work.
Vegan-themed tattoos are widespread and are generally drawn using contemporary artistic principles. Popular design types include:
- The stylized V for vegan, which has a leaf on the upper right
- Animal as friends tattoos, which include popular meat providers such as cows, pigs, and sheep
- A range of fruit and veg, from avocado to zucchini
- Text-based vegan tattoos
- Crossover tattoos based on straight edge lifestyles
These tattoos are crossover designs from the popular straight edge subculture that came up during the height of 80s punk music.
To be straight edge is to live clean and abstain from alcohol and drugs, so a cross-section of vegan lifestylers has co-opted this message, such as XVX and VGAN EDGE versions of ink into their own art.
Vegan tattoo art is very much a modern style of ink application. Styles popular for vegan body art include:
- Bold and colorful neo-traditional tattoos, especially the designs using animals
- Simple but innovative single needle and black line ink
- Visible placements – the neck, hands, wrist, and fingers are popular spots for vegan tattoo art
- Ironic and subversive ink that utilizes popular slogans or animals with weapons etc…
You don’t see as many classical design styles or American traditional pieces, and vegan tattoos tend to be more visible than other ink interpretations.