50 Witty and Funny Senior Quotes
High school yearbooks are full of serious and funny senior quotes. These last testaments are a great way for students to celebrate the end of their schooling years. While some will go on to university or further studies, for many, high school is where it ends. Yearbooks allow students one final chance to express themselves with a senior quote that defines who they are as a person. Most students write something intelligent or serious reflecting on their time at school or their current life situation, but for others, it is a chance to write a witty or funny senior quote.
These students take a different tact, composing a senior quote that will have their classmates in stitches. These comments range from sarcastic quotes and dad jokes to silly puns and funny yearbook quotes referencing movies, TV shows, songs, and celebrities. Anything can be used as a senior quote, as long as it can get past the teachers who edit the yearbook. Even then, there are some outlandish quotes that have appeared in high school yearbooks that have to be seen to be believed.
The internet is chock full of hilarious examples of these funny senior quotes that act as the perfect graduation gift. We have collected 50 of the best below for you to enjoy. You might even use one yourself if you’re still in high school and not sure what to write.
50 Witty and Funny Senior Quotes
1. “Yes, that is my actual last name.” – Christopher Gaylord
It must have been a tough time in high school for Christopher Gaylord, but at least his name is better than Gaylord Focker, the character Ben Stiller played in Meet the Parents and its sequels.
2. I got a haircut and no one noticed – Ghufran Salih
A very clever yearbook quote this one. Of course, you need to see the yearbook to understand the quote, but nonetheless, it’s a funny quote.
3. It’s hard being a single mother, especially when you have no children and are a single male.” – Zachary Chastain
This funny quote makes absolutely no sense, but will still have you chuckling. No idea why he wrote this but if it gets a few laughs it’s done its job.
4. High school was easy. It was like riding a bike. Except the bike was on fire & the ground was on fire & everything was on fire because it was hell.” – Randey Chung
We feel your pain Randey. Senior year isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be. Not sure if high school is similar to hell, but we understand where you are coming from.
5. “We are not related.” – Alice, Kim, Theresa, and Vivian Nguyen
This is one way to finally let everyone know the truth. Just because these ladies all have the same last name doesn’t mean they are related.
6. “I got kicked out of Hogwarts for using black magic.” – Damenian Sparks
Don’t mess with the dark arts otherwise you’ll end up kicked out of high school like Damenian.
7. “I went through four years of high school without having a bad hair day.” – Julianna Massa
Funny senior quotes don’t get much better than this. It’s a great visual joke that will have you chuckling. Sensational.
8. “The Office, season 7, episode 19, minute 14:45” – Amber Rains
You can tell your teacher that watching The Office provides plenty of great life advice. Wise words from Michael Scott.
9. “I don’t always graduate, but when I do, it’s barely.” – Hannah Goldsborough
You’re not the only one Hannah. Plenty of people only just scraped through. But a pass is a pass. As the saying goes, “Ps get degrees.”
10. “I’m only 3 1/2 minutes younger… best 3 1/2 minutes of my life.” – Allison and Lauren Rowell
Always trying to one-up each other, these sisters provide some laughs with their yearbook quotes.
See more about - 11 Hilarious Senior Pranks To Try Before Graduation
11. I’m that Nigerian Prince that keeps emailing you.” – Segun Akigbogun
Please send your money this way. I need to save my kingdom.
12. “I hear everything.” – Jamie Medoza
You know what they say; big ears, big…
13. “I hate having to explain to everyone why I wear a Hijab but if everyone must know: Voldemort has possessed me and his face is living on the back of my head.” – Fatima Abdel-Gwad
Everyone loves a good Harry Potter graduation quote.
14. “I’ve been a Ho my whole life.” – Michelle Ho
We think she’s talking about a different Ho, otherwise, her high school must have been a wild ride.
15. “Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.” – Yunosuke Shigeta
This yearbook quote is both funny and inspiring. Some great life advice here.
16. “Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m black” – Nick Jenkins
Can’t disagree with this quote.
17. “I hate my name.” – Carlos Carlos
We can certainly sympathize with poor old Carlos Carlos. Although maybe he should look at it this way: he’s such a great child his parents named him twice!
18. “I like my coffee like I like my women, I don’t like coffee.” – Max Crankshaw
You like what you like. No better way to come out than in your high school yearbook.
19. “Master has given Megan a high school diploma, Megan is freeeee!” – Megan
Someone is a Lord of the Rings fan.
20. “Don’t use that stupid lumberjack photo. – Mom” – George
George should have listened to his mother.
See more about - 13 Hilarious Text Pranks To Try On Your Friends
21. “The ‘S’ is silent.” – Pareekshit Ravi
I’m glad Ravi cleared this one up. Don’t want this pronounced wrong at graduation.
22. “I was planned… I was not planned.” – Katherine Andrews Henderson and Rebecca Andrews Henderson
Some real honesty here from the Henderson sisters.
23. “No Xenia, your senior quote can’t be ‘fries before guys. – Dad ‘” – Xenia Chon
Well, technically she did listen to what her dad said. A great high school yearbook quote
24. “I didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose me. – Tupac” – Unknown
Not much you can do about it when you are chosen for that life.
25. “I would like to thank my arms for always being by my side. My legs for always supporting me and finally my fingers; because I could always count on them.” – Bumb Avkit
If you can’t count on yourself, who else can you rely on? More sage life advice from this young man.
26. “Why fall in love when you can sleep?” – Jessica Enciso
She makes a solid point. Although love quotes like this aren’t going to help her get a boyfriend.
27. “Yes, it’s my real name.” – Randy Negro
Just going to leave this one here… A very funny high school senior quote.
28. “Waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning.” – Conner Hart
How he managed to get this one past the yearbook staff is anyone’s guess.
29. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me. Like, oh great, now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle. – Kanye West” – Kelly Schairer
Wise words from Kanye West.
30. “Why you no doctor yet? – Dad” – Daniel Zhang
Anyone with Asian parents will relate to this quote.
See more about - 25 Funny Signs That Will Give You A Chuckle
31. “I started high school with straight A’s and now I’m not even straight.” – Amberlyn Murray
People change a lot while in high school, as this yearbook quote explains.
32. “I’ve never had a passion for my GPA. However, Weston has taught me valuable things such as friendship, unity, community, kindness, youth, optimism, and understanding. Thank you Weston High School.” – Unknown
At first read, this appears to be a heartfelt message from a student about the impact the school had on his life. But upon closer inspection, it turns out to be a big “fuck you” to Weston High School.
33. “I spent 113,880 hours of my life for a paper and a handshake.”
Better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.
34. “You’re laughing because I’m laughing but I’m laughing because I farted.” – Sarah Ledesma
Fart jokes are always funny.
35. “I am not vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” – Ankit Jain
What did plants ever do to you Ankit? Someone has a troubled past.
36. “I look better in person.” – Unknown
Bit of self-deprecating humor here. Or maybe he really doesn’t like his photo?
37. “Knock Knock. Who’s there? Not the triplets. We graduated.” – Kassidy, Keaton, and Kylee Durham
This is a pretty clever high school yearbook quote from three siblings who happen to be triplets.
38. “It’s not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.” – Kevin Chang
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Kevin Chang is one of those people.
39. “I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way, So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.” – Jaylen Moore
Not sure if this is the way God intended things to be, but whatever works right?
40. “Take life as it comes in your face and runs down your chin.” – Eric Adams
Here is another one of those naughty senior yearbook quotes that somehow made it to print. It’s hard to know how someone approved this quote, but we are certainly glad they did.
See more about - 10 Funny Florida Man Headlines That Will Have You Giggling
41. “You can’t see me. – John Cena” – Maliha Sultana
This yearbook quote is incredible. Using John Cena’s classic catchphrase for this visual gag works an absolute treat. Hustle, loyalty, and respect to Maliha Sultana.
42. “My A’s turned to B’s and so did my grades, God bless.” – Unknown
Someone had a growth spurt while in high school.
43. “Just give me my diploma and pronounce my name correctly – Every African kid ever.” – Agboke Toluwalope
Hard to disagree with this funny senior quote.
44. “Education is important, but biceps are importanter.” – Eric Gomez
You can tell Eric paid attention while in English class.
45. “I am not Amith. I am a legend.” – Amith Mandavilli
This is the day Amith Mandavilli became a legend in his own mind.
46. “Not pregnant, just eatin’ good.” – Makenzie Goluba
Nothing wrong with eating.
47. “Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.” – Mitchell Wieland
Sage life advice from Michell Wieland.
48. “100 character limit for our senior quote? That seems unfair. We refuse to be constrained by these ru…” – Aditya Tammana
This is a very clever and witty senior quote that’s also extremely funny. Good job Aditya.
49. “That wasn’t like High School Musical at all.” – Seth Egan
Attending high school isn’t like the movies as this student found out. He must have been extremely disappointed when Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens didn’t show up.
50. “In this photo I’m not wearing pants.” – Arnold Lee
Thankfully this is only a headshot and not a body shot, otherwise, there might have been some problems getting this photo approved.
See more about - 12 Funny Amazon Reviews