Have you ever noticed that there are too many pick up guides and not enough real dating manuals? Well, this overview changes that for men by providing essential tips and advice for successful relationships.
If you think about it, dating is the fun part of a relationship.
As such, men tend to focus on the early stages too much.
To help you get over that hurdle, I’ve put together 18 pieces of essential dating advice for men.
From online dating to rejection, here’s what every man should know:
1. Don’t just be a good guy – Women don’t want a good guy. They genuinely want a GREAT man.
2. Stop chasing women all the time – Instead of becoming an interesting man women can actually connect with; you will end up sacrificing parts of your life. Your time is valuable. Don’t waste it on things you can’t always obtain.
3. Be yourself – A confident man has nothing to prove. An arrogant man believes he must prove everything in order to support his confidence.
4. Don’t compete for women – Have an abundant mentality. Be yourself, and you’ll know if women feel or don’t feel chemistry/attraction towards you. Respect her even if she doesn’t; you can go talk to another woman at any time.
5. Become confident – Confidence is a lifelong gift; any man can learn to achieve it. It is a big part of the art of seduction, and it will definitely get the attention of a beautiful woman.
6. Communication is magic – Observe the actions of others around you. Listen, ask deep questions. Stay present in the moment. Relax when speaking to beautiful women, slow down! Come up with some great conversation starters ahead of time as well to help keep the communication going.
7. Live an amazing life – Create an amazing lifestyle if you want to attract amazing women. Consider your work environment. Participate in things you love. Be open to new experiences. Embrace every moment, don’t just be a part of it.
8. Use the law of attraction to your advantage – In other words, learn how to genuinely enjoy every day of life and every single moment. Women tend to naturally gravitate towards two things: popularity and positivity. Make women curious about speaking with you.
9. Online dating is easier than you think – Create an emotional response, so they are compelled to write you back. Paint them a picture. Don’t be a sleazy salesperson and sell them false dreams; you’ll eventually have to live up to them.
10. It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it – Use the power of voice tone and eye contact to charm her. Remember that there is never the “right” thing to say.
11. Don’t be possessive – Understand that women are not your possessions. No man ever owns his woman.
12. Live in the moment – If you don’t, you’ll forget too much and miss every single opportunity succumbing to constant fear.
13. Don’t shuffle around like you’re walking on eggshells – Pay attention to your body posture. Make it a habit to approach women quickly without pacing back and forth about it.
14. When you have something important to say, call her – Don’t text or email. The key here is to make it known that she is an important part of your life.
15. Be casual about rejection – Flirt, talk, and then try your luck. If she rejects you, don’t make it so obvious by hanging your head down and looking all blue. Other women will see your desperation. When that happens, don’t be surprised if five women in a row all reject you.
16. Never celebrate after scoring her number – Cut the high-fives and nonsense out with your friends. Women will watch for your reaction. By not showing how you feel inside, you’ll appear in control and collected.
17. Understand that rejection is simply a made-up emotion – In reality, it doesn’t even exist. You have absolutely nothing to worry about!
18. Put your immediate goals aside when trying to attract women – What I mean by that is don’t approach with only the task of getting her phone number. The key here is to avoid looking desperate because your mind will literally be so focused on getting that number. Make her believe that you are someone she must spend time getting to know. Not the other way around!
19. Take it slowly – When you start dating someone, it is best to take your time, move slowly, and really get to know one another. This creates a level of comfort and trust in the relationship and sets it up for proper dating etiquette.
20. Try not to overthink your flirting technique – No, flirting is not always going to be easy, but it can be even more challenging when you start to overthink everything while trying to impress someone. Instead of relying on the flirting, why not just use your natural charms to win them over.
21. Make a good first impression – When dating, first impressions play a big role in the future of the relationship. So, you want to look your best, feel your best, and do what you can to get yourself put together. Your hair should be nice and done, your clothing ironed and not wrinkled, and you should be relaxed, confident, and calm during the first date.
22. Ditch your usual routine and come up with a new idea or two – Many men already have their dating playbook filled out. They have their favorite restaurants and date spots that they continue to recycle for each date. Instead of falling back on these locales, meet somewhere different every time. It is much more invigorating and can keep things fresh.
23. Find a new mission – Instead of looking at dating as the avenue toward a new relationship, sex, or even marriage, change it up and find a new mission. Use it as a time of enlightenment and self-discovery. Let dating be fun and stop thinking of it as a competitive sport you are trying to win.
24. Go with the flow – That’s right; just go with the flow and let what happens happen. If you don’t, you will soon find that dating becomes a chore or a problem that you are always looking for the solution to. Things can also become awkward, uncomfortable, and almost seem forced.
25. Give it a rest – Tired of dating and feeling like you are entering a slump? Then stop. Take a break from the dating world, refresh yourself, change your surroundings, and come back re-energized and ready to go.